Captured player in arcade game

Henry_SF

Captured player in arcade game

Post by Henry_SF »

Hi all,

we want to use the OptiTrack system to capture a player in our VR arcade game. The idea is that the player can teleport between different levels/areas in our Unreal game to make most out of the space we are tracking. Example: The player walks from point A to point B and at point B he get's teleported to another level. Now he can walk back from B to A but sees a complete different level in Unreal. I assume the OptiTrack SW will give us the same coordinates back and once the player passed the teleport in Unreal I have to add an offset to OptiTrack's coordinates to place the player to another position (level) in Unreal. Am I correct?

Second question: Now we are adding more players to the same tracking field and they can all be in different levels in Unreal. Because we don't want players crash into each other we would have to add a player halo of each player in each level. Is that possible and I guess it's all done in Unreal SW and not with OptiTrack SW?

Thanks for your help.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Captured player in arcade game

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Henry_SF,

You are correct that Motive will continue to stream the same coordinates to Unreal after you teleport your user to a different level. This will have to be mitigated through Unreal.

It should also be possible to put something in the scene that represents the positions of other players. This is often a model of the HMD and hands, if being tracked. Motive simply streams the positions of all objects; you will need to create the representation of other players through Unreal, and probably show the real-world positions without any offsets.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com