HDM Calibration Tool

BrunoMartelli

HDM Calibration Tool

Post by BrunoMartelli »

]Where is HMD calibration too?
According to docs its under Tools tab called Trackables?
Its not there

Anyone know whats up with that?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: HDM Calibration Tool

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello BrunoMartelli,

If you are using the current Motive 2.1 beta, the HMD calibration has been integrated into the Rigid Body creation process, found in the new Builder Pane.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
BrunoMartelli

Post by BrunoMartelli »

Thanks for that, I'm using 2.1 with Oculus HMD Clips. Would also be able to advise as to how to get past the Oculus error message 'Critical Error - can't find the sensor' when the Oculus sensor is unplugged? (I'm using a VR backpack PC)
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

My pleasure.

For that error message, we would usually just ignore and continue with our normal workflow. The Oculus may complain that the sensor is not connected, but it is not needed if you are using the tracking provided by Motive. So you can leave it disconnected and continue.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
BrunoMartelli

Post by BrunoMartelli »

Yes of course, but I cant see the Unreal scene in the headset because Oculus control panel takes over the screen and displays the error message. There's is no way to get to my scene, because of the error message. It seems to be in the latest version of the Oculus software
BrunoMartelli

Post by BrunoMartelli »

It would be good to know what version of the Oculus software YOU are using. On the Oculus forum someone else has the same problem with Optitrack and asks if you can roll back software versions - Oculus says you can't. For people who already have older versions of SW installed there may be no problem, however if you have a new PC and install Oculus, then it will be.
So far I discovered that if you disable the BETA home, run the Unreal scene then you get the error message, if you unplug the Oculus USB then wait 5 sec, then replug, this gets you past the Error message. However this is kind of a pain and I haven't tested fully.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

We have used a mix of versions, but ignoring the error message that pops up hasn't been as involved as it sounds for you.
You may want to try allowing control from an unknown source, in the Oculus software, if this hasn't been done yet.
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (42.19 KiB) Viewed 7133 times

Hope this helps!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com