The following steps provide detailed instructions on how to do a full reinstall of TrackIR. This resets the TrackIR (5.4.2) software, device driver, required runtime libraries, and the registries.
1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint USB Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Remove Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86). Please make sure you are uninstalling the exactly the same version as below.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location (APPData is a hidden folder). If you have tracking profiles you wish to keep, please back up this folder instead.
7. Open regedit.exe as an administrator. Please be careful not to change other items than the ones listed below.
8. Search for and rename the folder labeled as "NaturalPoint" to "NaturalPoint-00". The default location for this is: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint.
9. Reboot PC.
10. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
11. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
12. Right-click and install as an administrator. It will ask to install the USB driver and the VC redistributable at the beginning. Please make sure this gets installed along with the TrackIR software.
13. Plug in TrackIR and check the device manager to verify the driver install.
14. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'.
1 post • Page 1 of 1