vector problem

DarkSoul

vector problem

Post by DarkSoul »

when i try to look left/right ...view doesnt go to all the way left/right.

and vector seems to lost tracking too often like when i try to look down, tir losts tracking and i have to center tir
Sigma

Re: vector problem

Post by Sigma »

Vector Expansion is not supported in LOMAC. It willl be supported with the new game "Lock On Flaming Cliffs" due out at the end of this month.
http://www.lockon.ru/

UPDATE: Looks like Flaming Cliffs is only going to support the "Zoom" function of Vector Expansion.

[ February 04, 2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: 169th_Sigma ]
JD

Post by JD »

The vector expansion may not be fully supported in Lomac but it does work and has an advantage. It will be much more stable then not having it. Without it, just leaning side to side will cause you to look left and right. With the vector you can lean side to side without it making your view change. You have to actually turn your head to move your view. This makes it much more stable in game and has saved me from many stiff necks.
The problem your having though sounds like you have to unit too close.
With the vector you need to have the unit around 3 ft away. This is because your now dealing with 3 dots in the tracking window instead of one. This makes it easier to get the dots out of the tracking area when you turn your head. That is why the unit needs to be farther away to compensate for this.
Also, when your setting it up. You should have your hat placed far back on your head. The reason for this is because looking down moves the dots more then looking up in the tracking window. When you look down, the side forward dots move way down. But when you look up, they just come up level to the same position the center rear dot is at. So you don't need as much free space in your tracking area to look up as you do down.
Much of this can be corrected just by moving the unit farther away though.
But you can get away with having the unit close like on top of your monitor like I still am doing if you understand whats going on.
For instance, if your having problems looking down, what I'll do is look a little higher then center view and then hit F12 to center the unit. This will give you more range when looking down.
Also if your having problems looking side to side all the way, try leaning the opposite direction that your looking. This helps keep the dots from getting out of the tracking area.
Again though, much of these type of problems can be overcome just by keeping the unit farther away like 3 feet as recomended.

[ February 16, 2005, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: JD ]
Bard

Post by Bard »

if the vector support for the full version is the same as that in the demo, then NO - Flaming Cliffs does not support Vector.

They have however accessed the vector functionality and used it to control zoom. I've found that disabling the forward/back axis in trackir and using the manual zoom in and out is much more stable and usable.
Bard

Post by Bard »

"zoom" isn't a function of the vector expansion, moving your virtual head forward and back is and that is not what it is doing.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Guys,

LOMAC: 1.1 does support Vector, just not in full 6DOF. It will work in "3DOF". As stated above it supports yaw, pitch and so called zoom (forward/backward). We have a Beta and it works great.

Eagle Dynamics has stated that LOMAC: 1.2 will indeed support full 6DOF. The reason 1.1 doesn't is because of how the cockpits were built. Eagle doesn't want gaps to appear. And we respect their commitment to quality control.

Jason