How do I know

Scendore

How do I know

Post by Scendore »

How can I tell if I have the TrackIR rev 2? I've heard that other people have gotten theirs in a TIR1 box. I've read about the leds one in the back being blue but the front LED does not change color... Also I don't get a square around the dot in the tracking view.
Charlie251

Re: How do I know

Post by Charlie251 »

There should have been a sticker on the box denoting it as a TrackIR 2.

If you plug it in and go into enhanced mode, the case should glow blue. This is the BEST indicator for those who have not seen a TrackIR1 unit.

When you cycle from Enabled and Disabled, the LED in the front should change colors. Make sure there is a target visable to the unit when you do this.

If the USB cable is long (longer than a foot) and no extension cable came with it, then that is another indicator you have a TIR2.

You will not get a box around your target in the tracking window with any version of software above 3.00.

That should answer your question for you.
Birch

Post by Birch »

And finally, if the extensive list above still does not answer the question you may check the following :

Read the serial number from the bottom of the camera unit, 11500 or higher is a trackIR2.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Dangit.

I knew I forgot something!

Scendore

Post by Scendore »

Hey thank you for the posts guys. Unless you have a seen a TIR1 you would never know. The manual doesn't really help either.

just a note when my TIR2 is inactive the LED turns of it doesn't change color. So actually it's good enough. Fortunatley it's working great.

Again Thanks for posting