TIR1 and TIR2: Not USB2 compatible?

AV8R

Re: TIR1 and TIR2: Not USB2 compatible?

Post by AV8R »

Sounds positive...

My situation did not include updating the USB drivers with the TIR1 plugged in. For my TIR1 failed before I even upgraded. Upgradding was a measure to try to rectify the problem after the symptoms occurred.

Is this procedure a case-by-case send in a complete computer configuration snapshot methodology, or is it now matured to the point of try this set of steps?

If it is the latter, then it may be time to contact support again to see what shakes.

Thanks for the update.

AV8R
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
Jim,

I just want to re-post this in case it has been overlooked since Nov. when I first posted it. I don't remember exactly, but I suspect my TrackIR1 started having USB problems after I updated the USB from the Microsoft web site.

Alexi

"There was a recent Microsoft update for USB drivers that I at least installed. Could this be the problem with only some people having installed it?

More info. here;"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822603Good idea but the update there doesn't work for me, if works for anybody please post it!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

There is now a proceedure for trying to fix the USB problem on WinXP machines, using a TrackIR2. Contact support for the walk through. It may also work for TrackIR, but I am not sure.
John Banks

Post by John Banks »

I have another phenomenon. When i start my TrackIR2 or TrackIR1, i can hear a high frequent sound from the motherboard. I know that it is the motherboard and not the TrackIR but i can't explain how a USB device can let the motherboard "sing". It doesn't happen with the USB mouse, only with the TrackIRs. I am using the ASUS K8V Deluxe mobo. Which parts on the mobo can create high frequent sounds? My onboard sound chip is deactivated and it's not the PC Speaker, i've already checked that. Any ideas?
AV8R

Post by AV8R »

It may be that the latest USB upgrades was detrimental to other gaming or HID devices as well. Check this out about those of us that use TM Cougars:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... b976eec3a0 ae&t=50730

Take special note that WinXP can shut off the power to USB devices automatically which may or may not be a contributing factor.

AV8R

[ February 02, 2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: AV8R ]
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

I'm wondering what the estimate is for the problem getting fixed. Do I hold on to my TrackIR2 in hope it will work someday? Or give up and return it before it's too late ?
snake122

Post by snake122 »

FWIW, I haven't had a problem with my Cougar, which is strange since both problems sound so similar.

quote:Originally posted by Lou Mayers:
I'm wondering what the estimate is for the problem getting fixed. Do I hold on to my TrackIR2 in hope it will work someday? Or give up and return it before it's too late ?Keep it, it will be worth it once they fix it (and they will). My TrackIR1 conly got a little use at first since Falcon support didn't come until later. Now (when it works), my TracKIR1/2 is great!

[ February 11, 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Snake122 ]
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

(bump)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello Lou,

There is no official release date for when the new drivers will be available.
We are working feverishly on them and very soon we should be in a position to make an announcement and post a release date.

The users that have contacted me directly have been added into my database and I will e-mail each one when the drivers become available.
Yoda_100

Post by Yoda_100 »

Thanks for the reply, Wayne. I'll be around.