FS2004 doesn't work

Hank53

FS2004 doesn't work

Post by Hank53 »

OK, I must be doing something wrong. I can get TRACKIR2 to work fine in LOMAC---makes a world of difference.......but how do you get it to work in FS2004? I have loaded the fs2004 profile that came with the unit, but there is no "game" listed in the games section to associate it to. Is there a way to add games if in fact that is my problem? (Unit came w/3.03 software)

Thanks
Wayne

Re: FS2004 doesn't work

Post by Wayne »

When you installed the NaturalPoint software, you were given a choice to install the Flight simulator module file, if you did not check the box then flight simulator will not have the required module file installed to work.
You can quickly check this by opening up the Flight simulator directory using explorer and by default this would be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES".
There should be a file there called “TrackIRFS2004.dll” if this file is not present then re-install the NaturalPoint software and check the box for flight simulator 2004 during the install.
This will install the necessary dll file for TrackIR to communicate with Flight simulator.
Any probs then just drop me an e-mail at support@naturalpoint.com