Hypersensitive TrackIR2?

marc@marc-beije.tmfweb.nl

Hypersensitive TrackIR2?

Post by marc@marc-beije.tmfweb.nl »

Last edited by marc@marc-beije.tmfweb.nl on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
delta_9_tetra

Re: Hypersensitive TrackIR2?

Post by delta_9_tetra »

I saw something like that happen just a few times when my trackIR2 was brand new, but it hasn't happened since then.

This fixed it for me: changing a couple of lines the windows registry after starting the software.

In the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\V3.03 GX I set "DoAspectTest" and "DoStaticTest" to value 0 instead of the default value 1.

That fixed the problem instantly, ie in the tracking screen I could see the dot tracked instead of my whole shiny face.

NB Those values get reset when you restart trackIR driver software!

Hope this helps you too.

Last edited by marc@marc-beije.tmfweb.nl on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Marc,

When you’re TrackIR starts to misbehave will this happen during the night or the day time? Do you have any reflections or excessive light in the room that TrackIR might be tracking even a lamp behind the monitor shinning on your face could be picked up.
Try running everything in a relatively dark room and turn your contrast down slightly on your monitor to see if this may have any effect.

Is there any chance that you could take a screen shot of this issue when it is happening, you can hit the F9 key which will disable TrackIR and return curser control back to your mouse and allow you to take the screen shot.

If none of the above work in any way then please contact me at support@naturalpoint.com

Wayne

Last edited by marc@marc-beije.tmfweb.nl on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Marc,

After studying the screenshot that you e-mailed me I feel confidant that the issue that you have is indeed the light through the window next to your computer. The problem I suspect is due to the light which in turn gave the TrackIR various tracking objects that caused the hypersensitivity and the erratically jumping curser.

You shouldn’t have any more problems with your unit.
I have sent you on an e-mail also to confirm this.

Wayne