msfs '04 panel incrementing

tklineage1

msfs '04 panel incrementing

Post by tklineage1 »

I stand by this product. It's the best thing that's happened to my (real life) flight training and I would recommend it to anyone...but I am having a problem that I need help with. I can't set anything in the cockpit in single increments anymore. For example, (and these are all things that I was able to do before track ir) I can't change my heading bug by 1 or 2 degrees anymore. It jumps straight to 10 deg. of change in either direction. Same thing with the alt. setting for a/p. I can only change that by 1000 ft instead of the usual 100 ft. I think that the track ir program messed with some setting but I don't know how to fix it. I need some help. THX (tklineage1@yahoo.com)
Wayne

Re: msfs '04 panel incrementing

Post by Wayne »

Hello tklineage1,

This was a problem that started with Flight Sim 2002, but we also find it in Flight Sim 2004. It is usually caused by third party add-ons, specifically aircraft. This can be the result of XML gauges that are widely used now, but I have not known TrackIR to cause this issue.

However there is a fix and will require you to download Pete Dowson's FSUIPC utility (fsuipc.zip)
I have the registered version on my computer, but you can get the free version also, at any of the flightsim download sites (see our Flight Sim 2004 page for links)
Or simply go to schiratti.com

If you check the 'Fix Control Acceleration' box in FSUIPC once you have reloaded FS2004 the issue will be fixed.
Once installed, FSUIPC can be accessed via FS2004's 'modules' menu. Bear in mind that this utility is free but the pay ware has more options and well worth having.
tklineage1

Post by tklineage1 »

Ok well, I was looking for the original fsuipc file from when I installed squawkbox for online ATC but I couldn't find it. I also had all kinds of downloaded planes on my hard drive that I never flew so I just got rid of those and squawkbox. I don't have any other programs working with ms flight sim right now but I am still having the problem. But this is the interesting part...if I shut off the track ir2, only then does the problem goes away. Are there any patches that you guys have to fix this? I really need to be able to trim the aircraft because that's also one of the things that's being affected by this. Thank you for the help so far.
tklineage1

Post by tklineage1 »

Ok, there's more. I did a little studying of my problem and found that this only occurs when I'm using the track ir2 in enhanced mode (when it controls the view). When I use the track ir2 in mouse emulation mode, the incrementing goes back to normal. I downloaded and read up on fsuipc and are you saying that I will have to pay the $20 to register the program used to fix the interface?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello,

After talking with you this morning, I Have left a message for Peter.

Keep me updated with what you find out.
tklineage1

Post by tklineage1 »

I posted on his forum and already got a reply from some guy just telling me he was on vacation. I like the forums but I'm more used to e-mail, do you have his e-mail that I could send him an e-mail directly?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

He is back off vacation today.
Pete Dowsons e-mail petedowson@btconnect.com
tklineage1

Post by tklineage1 »

Hey Wayne,
Pete got back to me and he basically agreed with you about the control acceleration but he was saying, "There is a facility in FSUIPC which checks whether the controls are the same or not, and if not kills the timer which FS checks. It's an ugly solution as it slows things even more, but it works with the few panels which do this sort of thing." He also said, "In that case the solution is either to get the folks who wrote the driver for the unit to improve their code so it doesn't do this thing (which is by far the best and most efficient solution), or maybe hope that Microsoft do things differently in FS2006." You were saying that there were other people that were having this problem but they beat it. How? Like you were saying, I don't know how I could have uninstalled/deleted the whole program and just started new with only the track ir and still had this problem...unless the track ir driver was the problem. I hate to drop the ball in your court like this but would you guys be able to work on a patch for me? I would appreciate it.
Terry
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello tklineage1,

I will look into this
sclincoln

Post by sclincoln »

I just posted this same problem over on the FS forum. I always like to use the DreamFleet Archer (one of the most popular add-ons of all time) when I'm flying so this is a reasonably big problem for me. I would hate to slow things down anymore than they already are by installing FSUIPC if I don't have to.