msfs '04 panel incrementing

Wayne

Re: msfs '04 panel incrementing

Post by Wayne »

sclincoln,

I am looking into this with the developer who wrote the dll for us.
sclincoln

Post by sclincoln »

Any progress yet?
Hans Hartmann

Post by Hans Hartmann »

I may be able to give a little help on that issue. TrackIR2 is not the only thing that can cause trouble with number increments and certain other keystrokes. Also very complex panels can cause that.
The reason (panel-wise) for that is repeated unconditional calling of the trigger_key_event() function or in other words: flooding FS2004 with events.
I think, the problem could be solved by only sending events when the head position really changes instead of all the time.
I have no TrackIR2 yet (ordered one today though) so I have no idea if this can be done but at least you know the reason for this problem now.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hans Hartmann,

Yes you are right about the acceleration feature that Microsoft FS uses for various types of gauge input events.

We know that Peter Dawson’s FSUIPC has the ability to kill the event timer that Microsoft uses that’s why everyone with FSUIPC on their system does not have this issue, myself included.

We are working on a solution to resolve this, as soon as an update is available I will post it here.
steku

Post by steku »

I consider buying TrackIR 3.
I have two questions (important, bacause I fly Dreamfleet Archer and Cardinal which AFAIK are plagued by this 10-degree increment problem when used with TrackIR):

1. Did you finally solve this 10-degree increment problem?

2. If not - is FSUIPC solving this? 100%? I'm user of registered version of FSUIPC and I can live with this solution but I need reliable imformation if FSUIPC really solves this issue.

If there is no solution to this problem I simply can't buy TrackIR...

Steku
steku

Post by steku »

Hey NaturalPoint!
Don't you think that we deserve an answer?

If it's not solved why you simply can't admit that? In Poland where I live it's not so simple to return a product for refund and I'd like to know if I can use it properly with FS2004 and FSUIPC (registered) or not.

Maybe the reason of problems with fixing this bug is that the developer who wrote the FS2004 dll for TrackIR is no longer working for Natural Point?

Look at this thread:
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 118#000018

[ September 14, 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: steku ]