Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Wayne

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Wayne »

Jeff,

If you get the chance call me at work, I need some info from you.

Aces JG123,

If your TrackIR1 was working then the new unit should work too.
Did you connect TrackIR to the same USB port that you had previously used?

After you have installed the software check in the device manager for unknown device, if this is present then un-install that device.

Re-boot your system and allow the hardware install to run.

If this fails (and you are using XP) use the restore function and ensure that the early drivers are working. Carry out an un-install of your early software before installing your 3.10 drivers.

Please let me know the outcome.
jimrad1

Post by jimrad1 »

Same issue, TrackIr 3 Pro just hit my door, will not install. I have nothing else plugged into the a USB port, not even a joystick. Whats the return policy for this unit? Reformatting my new pc is NOT an option. I tried all the suggestions above.

Thankyou

Jim

[ May 27, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: jimrad1 ]
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi,

I've just received my TrackIR 3 Pro and have exactly the same problem. My TrackIR 1 was working perfectly but I cannot get 3.10 software to install any drivers. I've tried numerous installs/Uninstalls, used the clean registry feature, searched for the drivers manually and unpluged all other USB devices during install it simply won't find and install any drivers.

Please help as the unit is useless at the moment.

Best Regards

Leigh (Aces)
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the help,

Yes I did plug the TIR 3 into the same port that I had previously had the TIR 1 plugged into and I also un-installed the TIR 1 software previous to installing TIR 3 software. I did manually create a restore point so this evening I will try and rollback to the restore point and repeat the uninstall and re-install of software and let you know the outcome. I have tried many things including manually removing the TIR 3 registry key but it is automatically removed when un-installing the TIR 3 software so I don't thinki it that. Also tried other USB ports and also a powered USB hub.

Many thanks and best regards, missing flying with TIR allready .

Aces

Just a small word of encouragement for
jimrad1. I understand your dissapointement mate but I'd ask you to persevere as these guys are working on a fix and, from my experience, allways do their best to sort things out and support their customers. I've been using my TIR 1 for a couple of years now and there's no going back for me. TIR is, by far, the best bit of kit that I've ever bought for flight simming.

Best wishes

Aces

[ May 28, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Aces JG123 ]
jimrad1

Post by jimrad1 »

quote:Originally posted by Aces JG123:

Just a small word of encouragement for
jimrad1. I understand your dissapointement mate but I'd ask you to persevere as these guys are working on a fix and, from my experience, allways do their best to sort things out and support their customers. I've been using my TIR 1 for a couple of years now and there's no going back for me. TIR is, by far, the best bit of kit that I've ever bought for flight simming.

Best wishes

AcesSorry if I sounded disgruntled, I am not actualy. I wasnt planning on using this for gaming. More to help with my disability. They only have a 30 day return policy, if its not going to work I cant afford to hang on to it. I would rather try something else so I can get it functioning as soon as possible. I dont want to reformat my system, thats quite a bit of work for me in my condition.

Jim
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi Jimrad1,

I understand you not wanting to re-format and I have the same issue here. I use my PC for my work as well as my flight sim artwork so a re-format is NOT on the cards for me either.

I'm sure that they will solve the problem soon. I'm going to do a few more experiments when I get in from work this evening and if I find out anything usefull I'll post it here.

I must admit that I was a tad dissapointed myself las night but know how these things go and how good the units are. Some things I might have just grumbled to myself and put aside to try again one rainy day but TrackIR isn't one of them .

BTW. Thankfully I am not disabled but I used to use my TIR in "mouse look" mode and I can see how this device could be a great asset for those who are and it also "Rocks" for gaming too. My interest is flight simming, in particular IL2 Forgotten Battles which works great with this device.

Good luck and best wishes

Aces

[ May 28, 2004, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Aces JG123 ]
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi Charlie,

Whose blaming Naturalpoint ?, I've just been through one hell of a complicated series of diagnostics involving so many re-boots and uninstalls, re-installs etc. that my head is swimming but I'm not blaming anbody, I'm more interested in getting things to work .

Best Regards

Aces
jimrad1

Post by jimrad1 »

Well not sure if this is the solution for everyone, but I installed it in Safe Mode and after reboot plugged it in. It finaly detected it, unfortunetly in only works once. After setting it up, and then shutting down the pc for the day. I reboot, and the hardware does not work. I tried, unplugging it and plugging it back in and nothing. I uninstalled, and did the same procedure. Works once, but not the 2nd time. I tried my Desktop and then my laptop. Both share the same problem. I think a gentlemen named Crash a few posts down has the same problem?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Aces:

I definitly was not refering to you. Was a post more along the lines of saying these types of problems drive me nuts because they are so hard to track down a fix for them. I just kept blathering on for a few paragraphs.

There are those that do attack NP about it as you will see through out this and other forums.
Birch

Post by Birch »

Hello,

I want to thank our users who have the XP+USB driver problems for their patience. This is a high priority on our development effort, and we will continue to solve more aspects of it over time. The USB error can be caused by a number of different XP+USB driver problems, most of which we have implemented solutions for over the last six months. Being able to provide fixes has been contingent upon our ability to reproduce the problems here so that they can be properly debugged and the solutions tested and verified. We have not been able to reproduce a few of the current problems that users are experiencing, so we are working with specific users to directly test and debug their setup. We will keep those with pending problems informed when we have new solutions which may address their problems.