Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Charlie251

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Charlie251 »

I have a feeling this is not a registry issue but a USB issue. I think this because of all the different users that say it works on others computers but not on theirs. Now is it a Windows XP issue.

Now, a refromat of Windows XP has solved the problem 99% of the time. Not just for this specific problem, but in the past with TIR1 and TIR2 units with similar problems (Ive been hanging out here way too long! )

This means to me that it is definitly something in the USB area of the computer. Most prominent tells me another USB device is interfereing.

Do me a favor, humor me if you will, and uninstall ALL of your USB devices. Unplug them, uninstall the software and drivers, and reboot. If you have a USB keyboard and USB mouse, try and find a PS2 converter or a straight PS2 device to use for the test.

Even go as far as to go into device manager and remove all of your USB controllers and bus's. Then reboot and let the computer reinstall all the software for them.

After that, install the TrackIR and see if it works.

If it does, install the other USB devices in order of importance and try the TrackIR each time and see if it still works. If it does stop working, then you know the culprit.

If it doesnt work, then it was just another test to help us understand what the heck is going on and find a solution.

Remember that when other users have reinstalled Windows XP and install the TrackIR first, it works. Then after the install everything else, it continues to work.

Sounds like a flaky USB issue.
Topace

Post by Topace »

Hm this could -perhaps- be another thing to try... but i doubt that this will help, because most of the usb-devices i'm running dont need special drivers (external hdd...)

I already tried installing reinstalling my USB-Controllers and installing different drivers for them - but without success.

I also doubt that the problem is depending to the USB-Controllers because of my additional PCI-USB Controller Card, which uses different drivers as those of my Mainboard...

Well, I'll also contact the support to see if there might be a solution specific for -me-... probably there might be different sources for this problem.
Topace

Post by Topace »

Ok i'm now at home and tried it...

pluggin' in & uninstalling all USB-Devices... no success.

Afterwards: installing and pluggin in ALL USB-Devices - also no success.

Because of the fact that it works on a fresh installed windows, i think it could also have something to to with the resource management... if you install trackir first, then it gets his resources and all other have to use other resources. if you plug in after installing other devices, it does'nt get it...

/edit also mailed to support this morning (about 10 hours ago), hope i'll get an answer soon... there must be a solution and i see that this problem is around here not only with trackir3 - there has been a post in january that was closed, where a solution was announced to come soon

[ June 07, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Topace ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Topace:

Could you plase give a detailed step by step on what you did? I am sure the other users that are having issues would be very thankful to you. Not only that, but it will help Wayne and the NP team come up with a solution for future versions of the software.

I know you are probably enjoying the heck out of your system.... but could you take a few minutes to do this?

We would all appreciate it greatly.

GREAT NEWS BUD!!!!!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Topace,

This is welcome news.

Sometimes a problem is very easy to solve if you have the problem in front of you, unfortunately we have not been able to replicate this issue so far, so this is indeed great news for us.

If you could e-mail me the procedure that you used, this would help enormously and would allow us to see what keys were altered on your machine that gave you these results.

I would like to emphasize that not everyone has the same problem so what may work for one will not work for another, but maybe this could be adapted.

Thank you for your post Topaceand I look forward to your e-mail.
Topace

Post by Topace »

or perhaps: Windows cant run one of the services (npusb.sys; npusbrnm.sys - that are services, right?) and so these services cant tell windows how to detect trackir correct?

right?
Topace

Post by Topace »

Ok... fall down to your knees and pray to me

IVE GOT IT

After doing ALL registry entries manually, IT WORKS!

The only thing i forgot first was to enter the service and then reboot... after that it now works... you cant imagine how good you can feel when 4 red lights glow on ^^

Hey Support - if you need help, i can give
Topace

Post by Topace »

Hi Wayne,

you've got Mail

I don't know if i should publish these whole registry-things... you decide.
Topace

Post by Topace »

After I got it to work yesterday i can say: "yes"

It's takes some time to getting used to, but then...

And now even if you have the problem which is discussed here, there is a solution now.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I would like to see the solution as I consider myself an 'advanced' user and can easily move around the registery and not mess anything up.

Maybe post them with the disclaimer, "You break it worse, we are not fixing it!"