Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Wayne

Re: Track IR 3 does not find hardware driver

Post by Wayne »

Topace,

I have an easy solution too this....
Install v4.0 without un-installing your v3.0 software, this will make a new folder called TrackIR4, and will not effect any registry entries that were made.

During the install you will be given the option to install the USB driver, uncheck this box, so that your original driver will be used. Your new version 4 will work without having to redo the reg edit.

Wayne
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

I've only skimmed this thread so my apology if this is not news.

I have a TrackIR3 and the 4.0 build 20 software. I've just run into this problem, namely the software reporting it can't find "npusbrnm.sys" during an install.

The problem arose when I left for vacation over Xmas and turned off my PSU (it has a manual switch). I do this whenever I leave my house for more than a day or two, to help avoid a power surge should there be an electrical storm. I came home, turned the PSU back on, booted up, and XP Pro + SP2 reported it has found new hardware (even though all was installed and running fine before I left). I simply clicked "continue" and then received this error. I then searched my HDD, but could not fine the file being requested. I figured I should have canceled the install, uninstalled the software, and then reinstalled it, so I attempted to uninstall the software, but it froze my computer. After restarting, the same thing (i.e, new hardware found), but this time I stopped the attempted install and then uninstalled the software.

However, now that the software is reinstalled, the TrackIR unit will not see the trackhat dot. If I unplug it and then replug it in, it still will not track. Since I'm writing this now, I haven't tried a reboot, but I think I'll uninstall again, reboot, and then reinstall.

What I suspect is the problem is turning all power off from the computer rather than simply the worer off button.

Alexi
selmak

Post by selmak »

hi to all,

i'm french, i've the same pb than everybody.
Wayne, i've send you and email with my log file
thanks for your help....
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Turning off all the power should not have caused any problems.
What version of software do you have installed?
Do you have the "Run at Startup" checked, if so uncheck this function and restart.

Can you confirm the status of the unit on another computer?
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

Software version 4 build 20.
Not set to start on Windows startup.
Sorry, can't confirm on another computer.
Berni

Post by Berni »

Hi Wayne

Sorry but my english isn't good

I'm amateur informatic user.

I think I have exactly the same problem as what has been described here.

I've Trackir 3 pro and vector expansion.

I tried to connect the TrackIR to two different USB ports. But it always only tells me that it has found a USB device and if I let it search for the driver it comes back and finds nothing.

It seems you can help the users very well.

I will e-mail you my setupapi.log and serial number, and I hope to receive some help to the problem.

A LOT OF THANKS
vk

Post by vk »

Hi Wayne,

First, thanks a lot on all the help that you are providing. I have to say that TrackIR is great product, but unfortunatelly there are issues with the installations on some systems.

I too had a problem that TrackIR3 Pro is not recognized (unknown device). All that I saw previously (except manual editing of the reg keys) was tried and was not sucessfull. I sent you e-mails with the additional data including setupapi.log.

Thanks a lot!
NKPPilot

Post by NKPPilot »

Man, I can't believe I am back here.

Lost a HD and setup a new one. Had no fear this time of the install. 4.0.021 was out and wouldn't have any problems right???

USB Device. Can't find the drivers. Tried manually pointing to the directory.

Lost the registry stuff you sent 6 or 7 months ago.

Is this a hardware issue with my unit?

If not, I figured that 4.X versions would have solved this problem. It acts like the same stuff with in the 3.X verisons.

[ January 15, 2005, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Bradly ]
NKPPilot

Post by NKPPilot »

No Answer?

Nice
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We do answer forum posts, but we have had a few people out of the office the last few days. Please understand that we are a small company where many people wear many hats. Just because we have a nice web site and a cool product does not mean that we have 50 people working here and 2 dedicated forum help people!

I am sorry to hear that you are having driver troubles again. Wayne is our man on that front and he has been out of the office for a few days. I am sure he can sort you out quickly.

For most all users, many many thousands, the drivers are not an issue, especially with 4.0. Most likely, as this is a repeat problem, you have an older USB subsystem on your motherboard or a driver problem with the USB chipset or need a BIOS update. We are a USB certified device, that means that our product works, but we can't tell if there are problems on peoples machines that prevent our drivers from working well. We do support this and will fix the problem regardless.

To note; VIA, the huge motherboard manufactuer actually sold "bad" non-USB compliant chipsets for about 9 months with an AMD processor, this was about 2 years ago. This is VIA, a big company. Just to point out that the blame may not be where you think it is.