TrackIR 3 PRO tracking page all green?

oqvist

TrackIR 3 PRO tracking page all green?

Post by oqvist »

Something has gone seriously wrong with my TrackIR 3 pro. On the tracking page it�s 100 % green now and of course it doesn�t work?
Parse

Re: TrackIR 3 PRO tracking page all green?

Post by Parse »

Oqvist

Happened to me several times -- Don't know why. But un-install and re-install --- this seems to work for me until the next time. Have you added anything lately? Or fiddled with any assignment buttons?

Regards,

"PARSE".

[ October 02, 2004, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Parse ]
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Not what I can think of? Anyway that did help.
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

I have this problem semi-regularly. It's easy to fix. Just close the TrackIR software, UNPLUG the TrackIR unit, and then plug it in again. Same old porked USB coding in the drivers I suspect.

Alexi
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I am looking at this green screen issue that some users are occasionally having, its strange that after the disconnect everything works perfectly.
Rather than the disconnect what happens if you just restart TrackIR, does the situation remain unchanged?

Can somebody send me a print screen of this?

[ October 05, 2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
Alexi_Alx_Anova

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

Sorry Wayne, I can't send you a screen capture. I'll take one the next time this happens.

My experience has been that shutting down and restarting the TrackIR software does not fix the green screen. Not even repeatedly doing this. The only fix is either a reboot or the physical unplugging/replugging of the unit.

Alexi
bino

Post by bino »

This totally green screen on the tracking page sounds like what happened to me... when my wise-a$$ son put his hand directly in front of the TrackIR at a distance of about two inches.

Misfit

Post by Misfit »

See my post in the other thread on same subject.

I have same problem, but it seems the more i use the TrackIR the quicker i have to reinstall (Unplug/Replug) in the unit.
Mayer

Post by Mayer »

I've got the green screen of death again as well. Seems to happen way too often. Now I think it ussually goes like this when a program is added (like P.F. for IL2). I hope NaturalPoint is working hard on this as it seems not to be an isolated thing. Who wants to keep unplugging and reloading software all the time...I just want to use it!

Charvel

Post by Charvel »

This occurs occasionally for me too Wayne. Unplugging the unit seems the only way to fix it short of a re-install.

I'll post a screenie next time it happens which is usually once every couple weeks.