Loading profiles on command line

graham

Loading profiles on command line

Post by graham »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered before, nothing came up from a search.

I would like to know if it is possible to load profiles by passing in the profile name on the command line. I use FSAutoStart and would like to use that to launch the TrackIR software with the correct profile loaded.

Thanks in advance,
Graham

P.S. I got TrackIR3 when it first came out, and at first it was a little difficult to get used to. Now I can't fly FS2004 without it. It truly is an excellent product. Thanks.
Wayne

Re: Loading profiles on command line

Post by Wayne »

graham,

An interesting question.
I have not used FSAutoStart yet so I dont know the command structure that is uses.

That said if you make a change to the profile and then exit before saving any changes the software will ask if you wish to save the chages if you say yes this will be saved as a registry file. When you restart your unit it will start on that profile.

The important thing to note here is to have TrackIR start before FS2004, and you should be fine.
graham

Post by graham »

Hi Wayne,

FSAutostart just allows you to execute programs before launching FS2004 (FSAutostart actually works with any software and not just FS2004), and it allows you to pass in parameters to the program as you would from the command line or batch file for example.

It would be useful to be able to pass in the profile to load to the trackir software when you run it (e.g. "naturalpoint.exe fs2004.tir"). I suppose I could create a .reg file with the appropriate registry key in and execute that before starting FS2004.

Thanks,
Graham
Hielko

Post by Hielko »

It would be usefull to me also as i start my games wich a batch file to load a joystick profile. Including a trackir setting along with this would be very handy.