Camera Tracking : Green Screens

Opel

Re: Camera Tracking : Green Screens

Post by Opel »

Same problem here. All was fine from Christmas when Santa delivered it, then yesterday I fired up IL2 FB/PF and no go.
This is the second time that it has happened, a complete uninstall/reinstall fixed it last time, will try again now. Becoming very annoying.

Serial No20030

steku

Post by steku »

After two weeks of use of TIR3 Stnd (21613) + Vector + 4.0.020 + FS2004 +W2K Prof. I encountered "Green screen of death" for the first time. Unpluging/plugging solved the problem. It never happened with my TIR2.

I don't know how to attach a screenshot here. It looks just like the screenshot posted above but without displaying dot size (I'm in vector mode).

The strange thing is it worked flawlessly fo two weeks but now I'm getting this green screen often. I have to crawl under my desk, disconnect TIR. It starts to be annoying...

Mail with screenshot was sent to support@naturalpoint.com

[ January 12, 2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: steku ]
Smidlee

Post by Smidlee »

I don't see this sticky at first but I also get a flashing green screen .
Also I notice if my PC goes into PC stand- by mode it jams TIR3. If I got TIR 3 on before stand-by, it will stay on after reentering but tracks nothing as if it's disconnect. If I stop running the program the TIR 3 will still be on even after i reboot my pc. (cuts off when power down but turn on when power back up).
After i run the program after reboot it work fine and will turn off when i stop running the porgram.
If I don't have TIR 3 running before PC stand-by mode and come out of stand-by and start TIR3 program either two things happen
1) the TIR 3 unit will not turn on just as it wouldn't turn off if it was on before stand-by. Rebooting PC and run program solve the problem.
2) so far two time after I came out of stand-by, I get the flashing green bug. unpluging TIR 3 seem to solve this . Rebooting and rerunning program has no affect. (not yet sure if stand-by is causing the green effect)

i wonder if anyone else seem to have this problem after coming out of pc stand-by mode.

trackir 3 pro:25633
Smidlee

Post by Smidlee »

today my tir3 green light didn't come on only the four red one. I had to disconnect again to get it working again. This is becoming a real pain. Sure I return the unit? this time my PC didn't come out of stand-by mode. I've been avoiding stand-by since it mess up my unit.

Added: It seems my problem with TIR 3 has been solved. Had no problems at all with tir3 this week.

[ January 28, 2005, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Smidlee ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Smidlee,

Drop me an e-mail at the office with a serial number and a print screen if possible of the tracking screen. This will quickly help to identify the problem.
Opel

Post by Opel »

Please excuse me if I appear a bit dim but what is the point of posting anything here as suggested by the topic starter if you�re experiencing the said problem? This thread doesn�t seem to generate a consistent response. What�s the criteria used, answer one miss one?

Perhaps I�ve not been paying attention but (sarcasm off) is there a general fix for this tech issue yet?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Opel,

As posted by Birch in the very first post...

We need quote: We are aware that some of our users are experiencing "Green Screens" in the tracking panel which displays the camera view. For some users it happens immediately, for other users it happens either periodically or after extended use.

If you are having this problem, do not start a new topic. Instead either post under this topic, or contact us directly at support@naturalpoint.com .

The following information will allow us to help you as quickly as possible :

Name
Serial Number
And if possible, a screenshot of your tracking screen.
Once we have this information and a print screen if possible we can then determine the nature of the problem and have the unit replaced if necessary.

If you are having a problem with a green screen in the tracking window, then let�s have this looked at....

Please drop me an e-mail with your details.
Opel

Post by Opel »

Many thanks Wayne...

e-mail sent as requested containing the information similar to that included in my initial post.

[ January 30, 2005, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Opel ]
DC

Post by DC »

Just received my Pro 3 and used for 2 days with no problem. Now I loaded my game as usual and noticed I too am experiencing the green screen of death similar to the posted pic in the above response...Windows XP home sp2 Ati 9800XT AMD Sempron 2800 1.5 gig ram

serial # 26033 version 4.0 build 21

Please help mapleleafs56@msn.com email addy
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

DC,

Have you tried to re-install your software?
If you unplug your unit and re-connect does the screen return to normal?