Camera Tracking : Green Screens

stephenju

Re: Camera Tracking : Green Screens

Post by stephenju »

So this is a hardware issue that requires physcal replacement of the product? I hate sending stuffs back and forth.

Yes, I have the same green screnn problem. Haven't played anyhting for a while and finally got a chance today and this... Knew it's not my day.
Hologram3

Post by Hologram3 »

I got my TrackIR3 Pro with VE 3 weeks ago, and just started getting the green screens today. From the replies here, it looks like the solution is to replace the unit, but it's all very vague.

Oh well, I just emailed support. Let's see how they handle this.
Hologram3

Post by Hologram3 »

Well, unplugging and replugging got it going again, but I've had a few green screens in the last couple of days, so I got back with support and they're exchanging it.

I'm really happy with NaturalPoint. No matter what you buy, or who you buy it from, there's always a chance of getting a defective product. The good companies are the ones who will take care of a problem right away, and NaturalPoint does that.

Thanks!
Chef-Scott

Post by Chef-Scott »

The Green Tracking screen has also affected me last night. I tried rebooting the computer, restarting the TrackIR software, turning the led's off and on. The only thing that worked was physically unplugging the USB cable.
Also a week ago the TrackIR unit just turned itself on. My 4 year old son asked "Is it watching us now?"

I have e-mailed support earlier in the day but have not heard back yet as to the solution.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Having suffered the notorious green screen of death with my TrackIR 3 pro,
I dutifully notified support of the problem, I furnished them with all the details of the unit. So up front they knew the age and serial number yet Rick asked me to provide screen shots. This I did in spades! I sent a total of three shots showing different examples of malfunction.

The response to my screen shots was:

"That looks like an issue with the imager on the device itself. This would
mean a hardware failure. Since your device is out of warranty there is
nothing more that can be done at this point."

I bought this on the 17th October 2004 just 13 months ago! How long does this stuff supposed to last? It's not as if I go rock climbing or mountain biking with it. It sits on top of my monitor for Christ's sake!

This was my first email on the 29th October 2005. Reporting the problem.

"For some time now I have been getting the dreaded green screen
syndrome. I had hoped it was a driver problem that would be resolved in
future drivers.(I'm on 4.027beta, but have tried rolling back to several
previous version) I read in the forum that it appears to be a hardware
issue. I've tried the 'unplugging-replugging' routine with only marginal
success."

Good luck to all who have problems with trackir, you'll need it!
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

quote:Originally posted by Hologram3:
Well, unplugging and replugging got it going again, but I've had a few green screens in the last couple of days, so I got back with support and they're exchanging it.

I'm really happy with NaturalPoint. No matter what you buy, or who you buy it from, there's always a chance of getting a defective product. The good companies are the ones who will take care of a problem right away, and NaturalPoint does that.

Thanks! You must be related then.

[ November 23, 2005, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Doorman ]
Hologram3

Post by Hologram3 »

quote:Originally posted by Doorman:
You must be related then. No, I'm not. I'm sorry you're having problems, but if your unit is out of warranty, what do you expect them to do?

I've had 2 different Sony monitors go bad on me one month out of warranty. Of course I was upset, but sometimes *&^% happens. I don't buy Sony anymore. If my TIR doesn't last more than 13 months I'll be upset too, but they took care of my problem right away and I can't ask for any more than that.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Doorman's issue will be handled privately.
Chef-Scott

Post by Chef-Scott »

I know with tomorrow being Thanksgiving that our minds are elsewhere, but I have yet to have heard back from support yet.
Our mail server has been a bit flaky lately, do I need to send my e-mail again?

Scott

Happy and Safe Thanksgiving from Pittsburgh, PA
rodom

Post by rodom »

quote:Originally posted by Chef-Scott:
I know with tomorrow being Thanksgiving that our minds are elsewhere, but I have yet to have heard back from support yet.
Our mail server has been a bit flaky lately, do I need to send my e-mail again?

Scott

Happy and Safe Thanksgiving from Pittsburgh, PAI've answered all the emails I have from the last few days (Since I was out with the flu and still getting over it.). I have not received any email from your registered forum email address.