ID'ing TIR 3 PRO

Kurt

ID'ing TIR 3 PRO

Post by Kurt »

I've recently purchased what I believe to be a TIR 3 Pro. However in Windows XP device manager it's recognized as TIR 3. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

[ February 02, 2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Kurt ]
Magic Man

Re: ID'ing TIR 3 PRO

Post by Magic Man »

TrackIR3 in my device manager but the TrackIR4 software is telling me TrackIR3 Pro.

Go by what the software reports (it also returns the serial number), the device probably shows the same ID to Windows irrespective of whether it's a pro model or not.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Kurt,

Magic Man is correct. Start your TrackIR software and within the main window will be displayed your serial number and the type of unit that you have.

If what is displayed is anything other than what you thought you had purchased, please let me know. I will need your serial number to double check.
Drbob

Post by Drbob »

I think you should check THIS sticky topic.
If that's whats happening to you, you should send an e-mail to support@naturalpoint.com with the concents of setupapi.log (or something like that) and your TIR3 serial number. Wayne will send you a reg fix so you can use your TrackIR.

If the thing happening to you is different, please explain exactly what is happening
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

What happens is just what wrote My TIR 3 pro is recgonized as a vanilla TIR 3 and I'm not sure if this is just a software thing or if it's real. Meanwhile... I did update to version 4 of the software and on the main page it does indeed say 'pro' so I'm rather confident I have the right product I paid for. The thing is, the clamshell package was not sealed (anymore?) and so I wasn't sure what to make of it.
Other than this it installed fine and is working great for me so far.

One question, is there a manual way of checking the refresh rate of the device?
Thanks,
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Thanks, I think I figured it out. If what the software reports is true, it's indeed a 'Pro'.
Thanks again.