Those small plastic clips?

eeprom90

Those small plastic clips?

Post by eeprom90 »

The situation is that when I first mounted my TrackIR, it fell off so I had to glue it to the top of my TFT. OK.
Then I upgraded to the Vector Expansion and found it works a lot better when placed about a foot further back behind the monitor and about two inches higher (this info may be of help to others who suffer from the view suddenly going upsidedown - this fixed it for me) But my problem is where can I purchase these clips from?
There was only one in the pack - rather mean I thought for a product of this quality and price - just my opinion?
Otherwise very satisfied and impressed.

Regards

sn.26591
Barred

Re: Those small plastic clips?

Post by Barred »

Originally they were available from NP for $1.

I am using a TFT and like you I thought "what a great idea" (I still do). The thing is with the amount of heat that the top of a TFT the glue on the clip melts. In the end I taped the mount and TIR to the monitor.

I think that the TIR is the best thing since slised bread but the mount is like a bit of uncooked flour in the middle
eeprom90

Post by eeprom90 »

Yeah but I glued mine with Araldite! So its there to stay :-(
I could really do with another one - and this time TAPE it where I want it, he,he.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

eeprom90,

You can buy the clips directly from our store, and I believe they are $1 for two clips, and the shipping can be sent via the post office so it should be relatively inexpensive. Please see link to the store... http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/store/catalog.html
eeprom90

Post by eeprom90 »

Thanks, I just tried that but postage cost $38.80 Air Mail & there doesn't appear to be any other options - even tried the European stores but no listing of the dreaded clips?

thanks