64 bit

gaillard

64 bit

Post by gaillard »

hi i recently installed windows 64 bit... and if i run the .exe download it doesn't install the specific device. Windows does recognize a usb device when i plug it in though so it will work if i could just have the dlls and an .inf file in a folder and update the driver for the device and just point windows to that folder...

devs?

Thanks a million.. i really love the track and vector and would like to continue using it in 64 bit...

it will install it as 32 bit so no worrys i just need a non exe
d.burnette

Re: 64 bit

Post by d.burnette »

I would like to add my desire to this thread as well. I installed XP Pro 64 today, and am running it in a dual boot with XP Pro 32 bit.

My TM Cougar HOTAS, is recognized when plugged in, however the CCP software does not see it - it functions ok as a dx joystick.

My TrackIR3 Pro, is not recognized at all, only as an unknown device. The software appears to install ok, but it does not see a TIR3 attached.

Any tips on getting it to work in XP64 would be appreciated..
I would be happy to test any sofware being developed for XP64 as well...
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

How do the TrackIR supported games run under 64-bit XP...?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by Magic Man:
How do the TrackIR supported games run under 64-bit XP...?So far, I have been running MSFS 2004 ,and it is running fine - cept, no trackir3
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by Gaillard:
hi i recently installed windows 64 bit... and if i run the .exe download it doesn't install the specific device. Windows does recognize a usb device when i plug it in though so it will work if i could just have the dlls and an .inf file in a folder and update the driver for the device and just point windows to that folder...

devs?

Thanks a million.. i really love the track and vector and would like to continue using it in 64 bit...

it will install it as 32 bit so no worrys i just need a non exePlease see the 64 bit thread in features forum.. it appears NP is not currently working on drivers/software for XP64... hopefully this will change soon as XP Pro64 will be released and shipping in April.