TrackIR quit working - not tracking

Spectre

TrackIR quit working - not tracking

Post by Spectre »

I just got my TrackIR3 Pro + Vector Expansion today. I installed the 4.0.24 drivers, plugged in the unit, activated the vector exp., and began playing some IL2:FB+AEP+PF. It was working wierd, so I realized I had to recenter it. I recentered it, restarted IL2, and began playing. All was going fine until a few minutes into it when the trackIR stopped working. It stopped tracking. So, I left game and checked in the window and it said "no data" under status and nothing is showing in the tracking window. I reinstalled the software and messed around with it and it started working for me again. I went into IL2, started a quickmatch and immediately the trackIR quit working. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm disappointed and frustrated at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: including serial# 29639

[ April 01, 2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Spectre ]
daltontr

Re: TrackIR quit working - not tracking

Post by daltontr »

Ditto...just got mine today, loaded the software, plugged in the TIR, set my profile, and started GTR.

Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden it just stopped working.

I've uninstalled everything and started from scratch, but no joy.

Now, whenever I exit the TIR software it hangs up and I can't restart it. I can't even do a soft reboot of the machine!

Help!

EDIT: Serial #29642

[ April 02, 2005, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: daltontr ]
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post that TIR is installed on a "Fresh" installation of XP Pro (Less than a week old).

The only other programs that are even installed on the machine is an app that controls the Nostromo n50 and GTR.

When I open the TIR software all the "Preview" windows are blank. If I exit the program I can't open the windows task manager and the machine will not perform a soft reboot.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the unit seem "hot" after it quit working.

[ April 02, 2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: daltontr ]
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

Uninstalled and re-installed until I thought I'd puke blood...tried everything, read nearly every post here that is related to "No Data" and even tried installing it on two different machines, but it just doesn't work.

Too bad, cause for the 15 minutes it worked, it was nirvana.

I give up...
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Like daltontr, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. I followed the instructions on the rebooting and such between steps. I tried 4.0.24 and 4.0.21 drivers. Nothing works, this thing seems to be DOA. We both recieved ours on the same day and both are afflicted with the same illness. Is it possibly a bad lot of units? Either way, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Guys, I can understand your frustration. There is a file that lists the drivers installed in windose (and for the life of it I can't remember it) and I am going through my own XP files contents to try and find it.

As soon as I can find it I will post it's name as I know what to do once I have it. Iwould pop Wayne an email, with your serial number, name and forum name, pluss what is happening with your TIR.

As soon as I can find the file to see if the TIR drivers have been installed correctly or not I will help.

In the mean nime one little trick that might be worth trying is to go into device manager and delete the USB tree. Reboot and XP will automatically rebuild the USB tree with the devices that are installed (as per that damned file). I would sugest having your XP Disk incase it is needed for the rebuild.

If you are using an Athalon CPU, have a look at your motherboard drivers and upgrade them (especially VIA based motherboards).

For now Good Luck.
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

quote:Originally posted by Spectre:
Like daltontr, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. I followed the instructions on the rebooting and such between steps. I tried 4.0.24 and 4.0.21 drivers. Nothing works, this thing seems to be DOA. We both recieved ours on the same day and both are afflicted with the same illness. Is it possibly a bad lot of units? Either way, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.That could very well be true...our serial numbers are only three digits apart.
kahulbane

Post by kahulbane »

I just posted in another tread, there is a mention of the 3x drivers bing ok, and I have used and tested the .020 drivers fine, but with the .021 and .024 same issuse u guys have, it is not doa, just the drivers, and I have the saitek x52, if that is common here.
daltontr

Post by daltontr »

quote:Originally posted by Kahul Bane:
I just posted in another tread, there is a mention of the 3x drivers bing ok, and I have used and tested the .020 drivers fine, but with the .021 and .024 same issuse u guys have, it is not doa, just the drivers, and I have the saitek x52, if that is common here.Thanks for your inputs, but it's not the drivers. I've already tried 4.0.024, 4.0.022, 4.0.021, and 3.13.

The unit will not track with any version of the available drivers and I've tested it on three different machines.

At this point I believe a replacement or refund is in order, but I'm still waiting to be contacted by someone from NaturalPoint.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Guys, one quick question.

Are you like Kahul using a HOTS of some kind through a HUB (powered or not)?

If you are then please do not use TIR and your HOTUS on the same hub if you are. The data limit for the USB on your PC that the HUB is plugged into is over reached with both TIR and HOTUS going through it. Try having then (HOTUS & TIR) plugged into their own USB ports on the PC. Only use a hub for low data devices that you are not liable to use at the same time.

I had this happen when I first got my TIR and the redistribution solved the problem.

Please accept my appologies for not picking up on this before it has been a bit stressful the last couple of weeks at home.