TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Sean Trestrail

Re: TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Post by Sean Trestrail »

Running Ver 4 Build 25 I have this same "fuzzy" re centering issue. I have never seen this before in TIR2 and 3.13.

Needs Fixing please.

Jason I have Trk IR3 with the vector. The issue ocurrs when not using the vector but selecting dot as the the mode of operation.

Here is the setup that has this issue:

Works just fine using 3.13 software.

Will test using Vector and report back.

[ July 25, 2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Sean Trestrail ]
Sean Trestrail

Post by Sean Trestrail »

After testing with Vector enabled the problem is gone.

However in Falcon AF 3D pit view I lose about 20 degrees of view towards the rear using Vector. (Only see as far back as the back of the wingtip missile pylon) As soon as I go back to 2D the view to the rear is normal .. i.e the same as you can get with keyboard.... about -190degrees. (O being the 12 O clock position)

Looking through the registry the ViewLimiting value is still there seems the default setting is 1. (Doesnt solve the AF view issue if changed to 0 btw) Is this a leftover from previous versions or still required with trackIR3 Pro ?

[ July 25, 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Sean Trestrail ]
Birch

Post by Birch »

A fix which should resolve this issue is in the 4.1.026 beta 2 which is now available for download from the support section of the TrackIR website.

TrackIR Support Downloads

[ July 25, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
Sean Trestrail

Post by Sean Trestrail »

Fantastic response thank you Naturalpoint.

The 4.1.026 beta 2 has fixed the issue for me

[ July 25, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Sean Trestrail ]
169thZuki

Post by 169thZuki »

quote:Originally posted by GregP:
Hi,

I recently upgraded from an original TrackIR to a TrackIR3 Pro. In re-tweaking my profiles, I noticed that the centering response is not as precise as it was with the TrackIR - when I hit my center key, the view just moves a little bit towards a region around the true center, with a decelerating pan speed. With the TIR, hitting center would instantaneously snap to the true, exact center every time. Is there any way to do this with TIR3Pro?
Also, I've noticed that when I pan around and then come back toward the center, again my view gets kind of close to center, but then if I keep my head centered, the view slowly drifts toward true center, rather than just going there immediately at first.
Can anybody suggest a solution?I too have had this...although I never thought it was a problem, as I only have to center it one time when I first start the sim... I just turn my head to far left or right, then center... then look straight and center again, it was only slow to center if its just off center to begin with.
I am now dloading the new software to try it.
GregP

Post by GregP »

Nope - latest beta still has the same problem for me. Centering is crisp, but returning to looking forward after looking elsewhere is imprecise and view still slowly drifts around center.

I appreciate the effort though, NaturalPoint. Hopefully there's more you can try. Until then back again to the 3's for me.
Birch

Post by Birch »

Gregp,

Have you tried using a profile with Dead Zone in the center to increase the stability in that region? You can select it as a preset inthe profile axis editing window.
GregP

Post by GregP »

Hmmm .... well that does sound awfully logical, doesn't it?

Will try as soon as I get home tonight. And that makes we wonder if I have a deadzone in my version 3 profiles too ...
GregP

Post by GregP »

Nope. Damn, got all excited ...

Increaing the dead zone in the center makes no difference; still have the drifting and imprecise centering.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Ok I did the latest beta patch and it fixed the centering/drifting for me. That patch was Version 4.1.026 - Public Beta 4 . It worked! But when I switched from IL2 to fs9 the problem returned. Sooo I unloaded and reloaded and played IL2 for several hours with out a problem. I will switch back to fs9 tomorrow and see if the problem returns
Sug