TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Sugar

Re: TIR to TIR3Pro: centering question

Post by Sugar »

Hey just to let you guys know they are looking at it here is some mail to and from me and suport.

EDITED: To make post smaller and since issue was resolved.

~S~
Sug

[ August 15, 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Rick ]
nightwing

Post by nightwing »

Anyone else try the latest beta 4? I'm still using 3.13 and would like to know if the centering issue has finally been fixed. Thank you
GregP

Post by GregP »

Anybody had any success with the 4.1.026 Final drivers? A few successful posters over at SimHQ said it fixed their problems so I gave it a try ...

(as usual) ... back to the 3.13s for me.
xrayspex

Post by xrayspex »

I guess I'll put up with the hat in order to have the thing centre properly. I had all kinds of centering problems too untill today when the Vector expansion came. Now all is well with centering and thats using the latest software. Had real bad jittering porblems (porblems!?)
with it as well in fs9 but that was due to an anchor app named active camera that was causing me all that grief. I axed it and now the jittering is gone too. Now I just have to get used to it. I am using it with edimensional 3D glasses to boot and it is quite the experience, especiallly in Lock On!!! Well if you'll pardon the pun "TIME to FLY!!!"
xrayspex

Post by xrayspex »

quote:Originally posted by RonnieD316:
I just activated my Vector Expansion, and my centering problem have gone away. I'm sure there is a workaround for non-vecotr TIR's, but I'm so happy with what I have now. Centers immediately, and right to DEAD-CENTER; no deadzone issues. I think that besides this "fix"; the Vector Expansion is a must-have.Ditto.....same thing happened to me, all kinds of centering problems but they all went away upon activation of Vector expansion. May be it was designed with it originally and then some marketing a_sh__e came along and devised a way to make more money off it and hence the
"wandering dot" was an afterthought. Also I am using the final drivers now with great success :

[ September 02, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: xrayspex ]
nightwing

Post by nightwing »

Why can't they fix this problem? It's getting frustrating.

I decided to try the latest driver and it's still the same problem over and over.

I would upgrade to vector (to fix the centering/losing track issue) but I don't like to wear a hat while playing.
Birch

Post by Birch »

For any users who are still experiencing this problem after upgrading to TrackIR software version 4.1.027 : Please send a copy of the profile you are using when this occurs to support@naturalpoint.com so that we can look into it further.

We were able to reproduce the center key not working properly in dot tracking mode, and resolved that problem. However, we have not been able to reproduce the "drifting around center" problem, which makes it difficult to fix.

I would like to note that using a larger smoothing value (above 35) can produce the effect of "drifting around center".

[ September 22, 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
nightwing

Post by nightwing »

Thanks Birsch,

Another problem with the 4 series software is when the Track IR loses track on the dot (sticker) my view snaps to center.

For example. When playing Lock On and I look behind to check six. Sometimes my view will snap to center. It can get really annoying when you are trying to focus on a bandit and all of a sudden the view snaps to center.

The 3.13 software doesn't have this problem.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks!
Birch

Post by Birch »

nightwing,

We will look into the length of the delay between the loss of tracking and the view snapping back to center, it may be possible to extend it some.
nightwing

Post by nightwing »

Thank you Birsch for the reply. I'll be looking forward to the next software release.