Mouse emulation?

Phenix

Mouse emulation?

Post by Phenix »

Ok, I must be a newb... I'm trying to get TIR3 Pro to function as a mouse and I don't see any way to do that in the software. I can have either enhanced support or nothing at all... What do I need to do to get mouse emulation? I'm using the latest software BTW...
Jim

Re: Mouse emulation?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The current TrackIR software does not support Mouse Emulation, only TIR Enhanced games. In our next release there will be a second application that will allow for mouse emulation. I believe it will go to open Beta next week.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

I hope the mouse emulation will be enhanced, and not using the same method than others mouse emulation programs like joytokey or TIR 3 or Tir2joy.

We hope a mouse emulation working like the TrackIR driver... tracking our head and stop the cursor if the head is stoped (at any degree). The acceleration of the cursor is the aceleration of the head. This is the only way to do a good mouse emulation with this hardware.

I�m dreaming with this mouse driver since I bought TrackIR some months ago. Joytokey, Tir2joy, and other mouse emulation programs are totally unusefull for games, I think.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The new mouse emulator is TIR Enhanced. It does go through your Windows mouse settings, so if you have Acceleration turned on it will use that. I have found that to be fine in testing.

Using Vector for Mouse Emulation is very positive and creates a much better experience than a single dot.

Looking forward to your feedback on the new program.
popabawa

Post by popabawa »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

The new mouse emulator is TIR Enhanced. It does go through your Windows mouse settings, so if you have Acceleration turned on it will use that. I have found that to be fine in testing.

Using Vector for Mouse Emulation is very positive and creates a much better experience than a single dot.

Looking forward to your feedback on the new program.Great news!

Does this mean you are close to releasing it? Any idea when?

Thanks, Iain.
pepper

Post by pepper »

So can someone explain me HOW i use the mouse emulation mode in games. It just doesnt work because it requires a game to be TIR enchanced, thus losing its whole goal.....
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

You only need to launch the TrackIR and Mouse emulation program (the both), and launch the game. I have Install the new drivers and play with Mafia, Ghost recon, Doom 3, Farcry,..... and all games work with mouse emulation.

The emulation system is GREAT!!!..... the best I have seen.
I only can say a problem: the tracking frames per second seem to be low, and affect ingame framerates if you have not the option "mouse filtering" into the game. Other thing is that there is a death zone in the mouse emulation program that I can�t see how to modify (I would want to see how work without this death zone).

But this is the first release with mouse emulation, and the result is VERY GOOD in my opinion.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Well, I�ve been playing some more time. Death zone seem to be because my TrackIR profile configuration is low in center positions. Now I�m using a profile for the mouse with value "2" (I�m using vector) in all axes and all positions, to disable any aceleration and make more sensible the center positions. My logitech mouse properties are configured too without mouse aceleration. And I use the minimun smoothing "5" in the profile/motion tab (mouse emulation track better without smoothing). Would track better with "0" smoothing? (I don�t know, the minumun is "5").

And I disable "X axis auto panning" in the "TrackIR Mouse Emulation" window (I think this is good to move the mouse in the Windows screen, but not to use with games if you are using both, the mouse and the trackir mouse emulation.

With all that, I have a good speed movement in games, without mouse aceleration (because I prefer). I only need to select into the game the "mouse speed", and "mouse filtering" if there is the option (important).

Seem that "mouse filtering" is important in games with this option, like Doom 3, because (it seem) the few frames per second tracked by the mouse emulation program. Without this filtering option the cursor jump too much into the games (seem like a low frame rate in the whole game).

Games like "Mafia" seem to filter the mouse directly without any option in the menu to choose, and the result is a very good smoothing gameplay. "Farcry" has this filter option, but seem to filter not enought, and the result is a jumping cursor also with this filter. Mouse emulation program can�t work with "Call of Duty" (I don�t know why).

Excepting Call of Duty, all games tested work for me, but in general with this jumping cursor. I suppose that a higher fps tracking in the future driver can solve the cursor jumps (TrackIR hardware gives 120 fps, if I�m not confused).

Play with "Mafia", and you will see what can give us this mouse emulation program. I hope to play other games as smooth as Mafia in the near future.

Thanks for the support.
Dmitry

Post by Dmitry »

quote:Originally posted by mopheta:
You only need to launch the TrackIR and Mouse emulation program (the both), and launch the game. Please give me more details how can I activate Mouse emulation, and were should I take the �Mouse emulation program� to launch the �TrackIR� together with �Mouse emulation program� before start my FPS.
pepper

Post by pepper »

You can find your mouse emulation program under the Natural point prgrams group in your start menu. launc that program and your TIR to get the mouse emulation to work.