driver would not install

victorlcook

driver would not install

Post by victorlcook »

I just bought (from on-line) TrackIR:3 Pro, with version 4.1.025 software in the package. Before Installed this version, I downloaded the latest version, version 4.1.027, and installed it. The installation when in ok, but the driver would not install, automatically of manually.

XP�s installation program reports that �The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software�. I can see the driver folder and I guess what is supposed to be inside it, but windows xp will not load it into the device manager.

XP does recognize that a USB device is plugged in, but does not identify it, but only that it is unknown.
This looks like an earlier problem, so somebody should have found a fix by now. I did not get to this page until I purchased TrackIR:3 Pro

Some feedback please.
rodom

Re: driver would not install

Post by rodom »

Did you install the software before connecting the device?

E-mail me your device serial number and setupapi.log file to rick@naturalpoint.com

That file is located in your windows folder.
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

Thanks Rick.
Yes I did install the software first. The S/N is 36246. I received your email today and will be sending you the setup log. Is this URL you gave for a lower version? Once installing the latest version, I understand that the newer version will uninstall the older version, correct?

Thanks
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

I posted another message, and thopught it would post to this string.

Sorry.
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 99th_Cherokee:
[qb]I posted another message, and thought it would post to this string. I installed the version you suggested at: [URL=http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... R_3_13.exe] It still did not find the driver, acutally no driver copied over.

Thanks

[ October 24, 2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: 99th_Cherokee ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

No. The older version can be installed with the newer one as well. But those are specific instructions I sent you, has to be done to the 'T'.
evdheide

Post by evdheide »

I have the same problem but in this case ny problem started with the install of the .25 version. It did work before that. On the other hand, it is Winows that doesn't reccognize the TrackIR. Is it possible that a windows security update messed up something?
victorlcook

Post by victorlcook »

Ok, I got it to work. Here is what I done. With all Natural Point software removed, I installed the latest version, restared my computer, then ran that NPRegfix thing that Rick sent me. It found and fixed the registry, then asked me to restart my computer once more. After it reloaded, I just plugged in the USB to TrackIR and it automatically loaded it into the USB line up, I guess of its own. Windows XP did not ask me to search for it, but just automatically loaded it in. I guess windows must have proprietry drivers reciding somewhere, which it must use, or use to identify whos' driver it is.

Anyway, just run the NPRegfix after you install the latest version, and let it find and fix it.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Good deal!
Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast »

I'm having this same problem and it's really ticking me off. I tried all the stuff in the trouble shooting and nothing. I'll send you all my info.