Mouse Emulation

sr71_sr71

Mouse Emulation

Post by sr71_sr71 »

Hi Folks.

I have trackir 3 with vector expansion,and have a question about the "mouse emulation" application.

This application seems to require it being the window with focus, however the user guide seems to suggest it simply needs to run on the toolbar.

The long shot of this is that when I then start the program/game that I want to have the mouse emulated with, the mouse emulation window looses focus and no long emulates.

Am I missing something simple?

Look forward to hearing from you.
sr71_sr71

Re: Mouse Emulation

Post by sr71_sr71 »

quote:Originally posted by sr71_sr71:
Hi Folks.

I have trackir 3 with vector expansion,and have a question about the "mouse emulation" application.

This application seems to require it being the window with focus, however the user guide seems to suggest it simply needs to run on the toolbar.

The long shot of this is that when I then start the program/game that I want to have the mouse emulated with, the mouse emulation window looses focus and no long emulates.

Am I missing something simple?

Look forward to hearing from you.Hmm, ok. No replies so far? This makes me wonder if I am using the software corectly.

What I was looking to try was using the TrackIR 3 Pro with Call Of Duty 2, but using its mouse emulation capabilities.

I have seen two mouse emulation references with this software, within the trackir control software and the external "mouse emulation" software.

So if I want to try and get mouse emulation working for COD2, what should I be doing? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

David.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi, CoD2 will not allow the mouse emulation to work ingame. I have had the mouse emulation working fine untill COD2 is started. I think it might be down to internal moues routines that are non standard.
sr71_sr71

Post by sr71_sr71 »

quote:Originally posted by Barred:
Hi, CoD2 will not allow the mouse emulation to work ingame. I have had the mouse emulation working fine untill COD2 is started. I think it might be down to internal moues routines that are non standard.Hi.

Ahh ok, thats a shame but not a show stopper.

Thanks for letting me know, good to know that I am not doing something wrong.

Do you also notice that when using the "mouse emulation" application, that when it looses focus the emulation stops? is that right?

David.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Yessir,
The Mouse emulator for TrackIR will only work when it is the active window, and in whichever game is currently running. It is intended to let you use TrackIR as a mouse in games (and only in games).

hope this helps
sr71_sr71

Post by sr71_sr71 »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint-Warren:
Yessir,
The Mouse emulator for TrackIR will only work when it is the active window, and in whichever game is currently running. It is intended to let you use TrackIR as a mouse in games (and only in games).

hope this helpsAh ok I understand.

So its just a case of the app actually running that enables mouse emulation for games that have been coded in a way that allows it to work.

That makes sense.

David.
jayeffaar

Post by jayeffaar »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint-Warren:
Yessir,
The Mouse emulator for TrackIR will only work when it is the active window, and in whichever game is currently running. I'm confused now. When you're playing a game, doesn't the game become the active window? How can you keep the window focus on the mouse emulation window?
kevin

Post by kevin »

The mouse emulator will only work in the Active Window.

When playing a game it becomes the active window and mouse emulation should work.

Best,
Kevin