Trade up for existing customers?

vectre1

Trade up for existing customers?

Post by vectre1 »

I bought a TrackIR recently (maybe 2 months ago) and am wondering if you are going to have any upgrade or trade up price for returning customers buying the version 2? Or trade in? Its not fun buying a product just before the updated version comes out..
Jim

Re: Trade up for existing customers?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

All customers will get to take advantage of v3.0 software. If you want to trade in your unit, give us a call at 541-753-6645 and ask for Donald.
LordOliver

Post by LordOliver »

Thanks for that info.. I just got mine about a month ago tops. Had I known a new version was coming out I would have waited a bit.
Jagstang

Post by Jagstang »

Does that apply to european customers to?

Myself and a work collegue both ordered and recieved a TIR within the last 2 weeks from Edimensional.co.uk and we both feel a little gutted that we missed out on the TIR2, especially my collegue who uses his to ease his RSI problems.

I was emailed to say that the TIR2 wasn't that much of an improvement over the TIR to warrent upgradeing but that's not what's been said on here over the last few days.

So can we get our TIR's upgraded?

Many thanks

Jags

[ October 31, 2003, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Jagstang ]
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

I'm in the same situation...

[ October 31, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Magic Man ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Each company has it's own policy for unit returns, so if you bought a TrackIR from eDimensional, then you should contact them. For our customers, you can contact us at 541-753-6645 and ask for Donald, the TrackIR sales rep. He can sort things out for you.

The TrackIR2 is a major upgrade, but the TrackIR you have will still work great, especially with our new 3.0 software that is on the way.
drummer

Post by drummer »

Hello,

I too bought a tir 1 unit about a month ago. Having seen talk that we would be offered an upgrade I was pleased, however my supplier [RC Simulation, UK] has said it is up to you
to make the decision on exchanges and you were not forthcoming. It seems the time has come for you guys to stick your necks out and make a decision please!

On another but similar note, when talking about exchages there seems to be a lot of talk about just upgrading the software... but on the selling side there is talk of much improved framerates, better than sliced bread, must have etc..you can't have it both ways guys..!

Brian Short all round nice [but currently angry] guy from the UK

[ November 04, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: drummer ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Brian:

Sorry for all the confusion.

- Both TrackIR and TrackIR2 units can take advantage of the new software, v3.01. We suggest that all users upgrade.

- TrackIR2 users will be able to take advantage of the extra bells and whistles in 3.01, like the blue LED for TrackIR Enhanced Mode.

- TrackIR2 does have many nice hardware features, like the faster refresh rate.

- If you purchased a unit from us within the last 30 days, we will accept it as a return and you can purchase a new unit.

- If you bought a unit from a distributor then it is up to them to create a policy, but I assume that most will follow our policy of 30 days.

Hope that info helps.
Thunderbolt56

Post by Thunderbolt56 »

My only question is here: http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 3;t=000284

Please advise.

Thx