Trackir and WWIIOL

ldalton

Trackir and WWIIOL

Post by ldalton »

I received my Trackir3 Pro yesterday and followed the setup directions very carefully. I loaded the WWIIOL profile and started the game however the only way the Trackir will work is in mouse mode. The device is on, the lights are lit and the controls (Fkeys) work however when in the TrackIr Enhanced mode nothing happens. There is no movement on the screen whasoever. I removed the software, reloaded it and started over with the same result. I am trying to use the TrackIr with the infantry in WWIIOL. Did I miss something or is there something that must be added to WWIIOL? Do I need to make modifications to the WWIIOL Keymapper? My system is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra
1.5 Gigs 333 DDR memory
AMD K7 2600
ATI AIW 9700 Pro
Cougar HOTAS
Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard and Mouse
Powered USB 2.0 hub

[ July 14, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Lance ]
Swifty

Re: Trackir and WWIIOL

Post by Swifty »

Yes you need to go into the keymapper for Views and there is a new section at the bottom for mouse axis with the tracker Ir on you need to set the x and y axis with the tracker, then once in game you use the appropriate key (default is Right Mouse button) to activate.
ldalton

Post by ldalton »

Thanks to you all!! I really feel like a total dummy as I have programed and reprogrammed the keymapper each time I added new joysticks, mouse, etc or when keymapper was modified. I guess thats what old age does to you. Thanks again.

Lance
Pruitt

Post by Pruitt »

There are two places in the Keymapper you must go into and set the TrackIR Axis in place of the Mouse in "Mouse Look". One is in "views". Which will allow you to use TrackIR in Enhanced mode in all Avatars EXCEPT Infantry. The other is in the Infantry Keymap page. Infantry views are handled differently in the Keymapper then all other avatars.

Have Fun!
firefly8

Post by firefly8 »

As swifty said you need to go into keymapper more specifically your trooper and scroll down till you find one for mouse look X and Y there you need to map trackir for those axis by looking left and right then up and down for each respective axis.

Then you need to goto views in your keymapper for all or general (what ever it is called) and scroll down till you find mouse look X and Y for them and do the same thing.

Now to get it to run in game you must turn on mouse look after you have spawned in. For infantry the default is N for all other vehicles the default is the right mouse button I do believe.

You will also probably find that the speed is to fast once you are in game so you will want to play around with adjusting that as well. I put in a large dead band in the center and put in a slow linear line for the rest. Even so I have a hard time using it with inf I have a tendancy to duck my head around when I get in sticky situation like I am diving for cover or looking around corners and it really messes up trackir if you dont keep your head still. I find it excells with ATG and AA guns along with trucks and tow vehicles and any combat vehicle in which you can unbutton. It would probably do really well with aircraft to except for that I am such a sucky pilot and I do the same thing as I do with inf as in bobbing my head around

[ July 14, 2004, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: firefly8 ]