TrackIR Driver Version and AH2

bustr

TrackIR Driver Version and AH2

Post by bustr »

HTC mentioned in the recent patch release with TrackIR support to get the latest release of the TrackIR driver. Does this mean 3.11 or is there a soon the be released 3.12?

Will Natural Point in their next release by any chance be codeing support for AH2?
Wayne

Re: TrackIR Driver Version and AH2

Post by Wayne »

bustr,

A small update to cover the new games such as AH2 will be available shortly.

However AH2 is fully functional now with native TrackIR support.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

'Fully functional' minus the ability to look straight up, by all accounts. There seems to be a view limitation in that regard, unless we're all setting it up improperly.

Will that particular issue be addressed in that upcoming small update?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

quote:Originally posted by MssrSchmidt:
'Fully functional' minus the ability to look straight up, by all accounts. There seems to be a view limitation in that regard, unless we're all setting it up improperly.

Will that particular issue be addressed in that upcoming small update?I have tested AC2 with all restrictions removed so dont worry you will be able to look straight up.

I think all in all it is perfect.
bustr

Post by bustr »

Wow that's great and fast service. Having 90 deg up will certainly make my furballs easier.

Since you are coding to address and issue in AH2, is there a chance of improving the 6 view or is this an issue to press HTC on about enabling rear view mirrors on fighters? In the least it would be nice to pan to a full 6 view then move your head around to peak out and down the side of the planes tail section. A number of players have mentioned the 6 view over on the HTC community BB.

Still this is a great product. It is that "OLD" dream come true from 1989 when I wished there was a way in Air Warrior.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

bustr,

I have no problem getting a full six view PLUS the ability to look left and right around the headrest with the current drivers.

Maybe you need to do the regedit fix listed elsewhere on these boards, the il2 boards and posted by wotan on the AH boards?
bustr

Post by bustr »

I do have Forgotten Battles and the expansion pack loaded. Is the registry setting "ViewLimiting" set to 1 caused by the presense of the expansion pack? Is it supposed to be "2" by default?
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Default when you download TrackIR driver is "1". Need to change it to "2" to get the wider view.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Guys,

When the updated drivers are released which will be very soon, then all the view limits will be lifted. I know, I have tested it, and worked with Dale on the implementation.

MssrSchmidt is correct the view limiting can be lifted via editing the registry string and value. You will need to run regedit and find the registry string...
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoint� and then scroll down the registry value in the right hand window and locate "view limiting" (without the quotes).

This is the value that needs to be changed; you must ensure that you have permissions to do this.

When the update to the TrackIR software has been released then this can be changed back to the value "1".

What do you guys think of the Translation effect (the side to side and up and down movement)?

I have worked hard to get Aces High, however it was worth it. The update to our drivers will be available very soon I have the profiles for the update all ready done, and ready to go.
If you have any problems, then this is the place to post, I do check these forums Okay have fun and if you see AV8ER out there then thats me, be gentle.
edbert

Post by edbert »

My question was answered in the other thread...sorry.

[ August 04, 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: edbert ]