TrackIR Driver Version and AH2

bustr

Re: TrackIR Driver Version and AH2

Post by bustr »

Yes did the LB fix last night and now I get a great 6 view. Sorry about being dense.

Great Product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
klem

Post by klem »

What do you guys think of the Translation effect (the side to side and up and down movement)?

It's great, preserving the headmovements allowed within AH. Only problem I had was that if different views had different 'zoom' settings (up/down cursor adjustment) the quarter/side view screen images leapt in and out as I panned around. Fixed this by ensuring the same degree of zoom in each view.

Question: I have set the viewlimits to 2 in the registry and that works fine in both AH and Forgotten Battles where I think it gives a more realistic rear view than with Viewlimits set to 1. When the next patch is released to allow UP and REAR views in AH I believe I will have to set the Viewlimits value back to 1. Will that lose me my improved rear view in Forgotten Battles? If so, can we have a parameter on the Motion panel to set the value we want and have it write to Registry when we load the Profile?
HiTech

Post by HiTech »

You can also map the TrackIR view functions directly to joystick buttons in AH.

In a new instalation the CTRL F1 - F5 are mapped by default. It is only when patching a previous instalation that the keys are not mapped by default.

HiTech
balsy

Post by balsy »

Hitech,

Any way to make the Tracker OFF selection a Toggle on/off, to conserve on JS button usage?

Thanks,

Balsy
edbert

Post by edbert »

quote:Originally posted by balsy:
Any way to make the Tracker OFF selection a Toggle on/off, to conserve on JS button usage?What stick are you using? I was able to program mine to toggle between "Off" and "tracker_snap" with one button. I prefer the pan mode for realism but find the snap to be less disorienting until I am used to it.
balsy

Post by balsy »

Using the MS FF2.
edbert

Post by edbert »

Don't know how to do that or if it is possible. But it was pretty easy with the HOTAS Cougar.
balsy

Post by balsy »

wayne,

I like the translation effect but I would like to be able to disable it in the gunsight view. I use the "forward" view in AH to, in essence disable TIR when making my shot. The translation here is making the shot more difficult as I am "up a close and personal", and need a steady gunsite to track my shot from.

Obviously, I can turn Tracking off, but then I lose the instant value of reaquiring a target with TIR if he falls out of my gunsite view.

Tracking?
balsy

Post by balsy »

Edbert,

Using your profile, I must say I like it alot, getting quite a few kills with worse gunnery, but better SA and am using the pan mode exclusively .

I just need to figure out the right combination of "freezing" TIR for the brief time I have a solution as my head and body english quickly resembles a grand mal seizure at that point in a dogfite. IF SA could kill, Id be the man right now .
Yippee38

Post by Yippee38 »

Is anybody else able to get the straight up view to work? I cannot - although I haven't screwed around with speeding up my profile too much.