Rough ride when TrackIR activated

Sunrunner

Rough ride when TrackIR activated

Post by Sunrunner »

I installed the GTR demo last week---ooooooh my!

After familiarizing myself with the demo over the weekend, I started using TrackIR2 with the demo last night. I used the "optimal" profile provided on the NaturalPoint GTR site. I was running TIR2 in enhanced mode. World effects were enabled in the sim. I was surprised to find that the ride was a lot rougher with TIR2 enabled--to the point where I disabled it, I was bouncing around so much I was losing my read on the track. Without TIR2 on, I would still see "world effects" but they were much less severe.

Has anyone encountered this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions? Also, is TIR functional in views other than cockpit view?

Thanks.
oqvist

Re: Rough ride when TrackIR activated

Post by oqvist »

Do it simulate g-forces? Also can you pan both horisontally and vertically?
Sunrunner

Post by Sunrunner »

Yeah, you can pan vertically and horizontally with TrackIR, and GTR is set up to simulate G's in several different ways. My problem seems to be that TrackIR seems to be enhancing the vertical G's!! (Too much bounce while TrackIR is enabled, much less (but noticeable) when disabled.)
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Okay sounds cool and not so cool. Well will see I will get this game TrackIR or not .
KenStreet

Post by KenStreet »

Hello all,
Lets try this,..if you are using a Force Feedback Wheel(and you should cuz its awesome in GTR) try taking your TIR off your monitor and place it on something solid. If that fixes the problem, chances are your FFB combined with the ripping at the wheel is shaking your desk, the monitor, and your TIR. If thats the case, have a look at your set-up and figure a way to stabilize it.

Good Luck
Sunrunner

Post by Sunrunner »

Ken,

Gee, that makes sense! I'll check out my setup, but I bet you're right. (I am using a FFB wheel, and you're right, it's awesome.) Thanks for the input.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Yes I have a Momo Force red which have the strongest force feedback of all makes my whole desk shake including my 22" Diamondtron beast