SO when is GTR going to be released in USA?

Jeff

SO when is GTR going to be released in USA?

Post by Jeff »

I've done some poking around some other forums, trying to find out if and when this title will be released for the US. All indications seem to be that they plan on releasing for Germany, Britain, Italy, Spain, France, etc...but no American release?? Does anyone have any idea? I've already got TIR3-Pro with Vector Expansion, but I'd like to use it in this game if it's available.
Barred

Re: SO when is GTR going to be released in USA?

Post by Barred »

Jeff it might be worth your while giving Atari a mail asking when it is being released in the US.

Failing that try www.gameplay.com www.shop.game.net or www.play.com one of them should be able to ship it to you.
1FASTMR2

Post by 1FASTMR2 »

Hi Jeff,
I've been looking to see when GTR can be bought in the US. I can not find the answer nowhere. I went to a web site called sent it.com. They had it in stock and ready to ship to the US.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

You mean here? It still say's "Pre-order" - I gues the release date is tomorrow.

http://www.sendit.com/game/item/6000000001653
1FASTMR2

Post by 1FASTMR2 »

Hi Jeff,
I got an email telling me it would ship on friday.
I was reading in the forums in Blackhole motrosports that a person from California had the game for sale.They wanted 60.00 plus shipping.
Lo_Ping

Post by Lo_Ping »

I purchased it at gogamer.com $49 , 2nd day air shipping for $5.99. They sent me a tracking number about 2 hours after I ordered it, and it had already been picked up by fedex.......Thats service!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

How do you guys feel about the game using StarForce protection drivers? I'm wary. I don't want a game installing copy protection drivers on my PC - especially without asking - that have the potential to screw up my system.

:-(

Jeff
Barred

Post by Barred »

Jeff, personally I do not like Starforce and am wondering if it is even legal. If I have purchased a legal poby of an application and am using it legitamily. Then anoter application comes along and then says that I have to uninstall my legal software to get my new software to run because I am a pirate or have the software to pirate.

To me this is totlally out of order, how dare a companie decide that I can not use a piece of software that is totally legal and used legally. In reality a copyprotection like StarForce can add to the problem it is trying to stop. It comes to something when to be albe to use an application ou have to resort to cracked executabls ect. Little johny must be laughing like mad when legit users are having more hastles than he is with his downloaded copt.

I always thought that anti-piracy software (copy protection) makes the life of legit users harder than pirates. I always thought it should be the other way around, pirates have the hastle not the legit user.

Sorry for the rant, but I love GTR (I even bought some BRD Speed7 peddals) and something like StarForce realy sours the game.