Please Explain Vector

TailFlamer

Please Explain Vector

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi guys

I have given up on waiting for GTR here in the states and I'm ordering a copy.

I am interested in Vector's use in the game. Here is what I think is possible using TIR3 with Vector. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Vector's additions:
I will be able to move the view point forwards/back by moving my head forewards/back.
I will be able to raise/lower the view point in the cockpit by rasing/lowering my head.

And of course normally look L/R/U/D as with standard TIR.

Also, I suppose If this is correct, it works the same way in MSFS2004?

[ March 22, 2005, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: TailFlamer ]
Barred

Re: Please Explain Vector

Post by Barred »

Hi TailFlamer, I have been using TIR since December with the German version and now I have the International one (with the full Vector support). You are correct about the angles for the Vector in GTR, but with one other, you can lean into a corner as well.

As you can move the seat u/d/f/b ingame, some of the cars mirrors are in inapropriate places for driving with the normal locked cockpit position. With the Vector I normall set the seat to mid distance and then use the Vector for the rest. This way you can leand forwards with a bit of up and then look down for your wheel placement.

Up and down are the shortest of the 6DOF angles but there is enough for it to be usefull.

The lean is really fun in GTR as you can really lean into those corners and at the same time look at your next position or the one in front of that.

Once you are onto a straight you can lean back and use those mirrors '1' to turn them on and off. The implementation of the Vector in GTR is as useful as it is in flight sims. I cant help you about MSFS2004 unfortunatly, but I can't run GTR with out it now.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Yep, that's how Vector works. Thanks for the good words Barred.

Jason
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Thank you guys. Sounds perfect

Barred. I understand completely about the lean. I use it bined with steering in F1C. L/R/U/D use TIR.

I see TIR3 and Vector are cetainly the way to go. Tir 1 has done me well for over 2 years. Now that games have started supporting the new features possible with TIR, it is a must have for me.

Once I get the game, I will check into a new unit.

Oh, and I do feel sure it can do the same thing (maybe minus the 'lean') in MSFS2004. I acutally have all the working, but in combo with a hat switch on a X-45 stick. The forwards/back raise/lower, that is.
view panning is done with TIR. So it most likely will work.

Thanks again for the information
Barred

Post by Barred »

TailFlamer, yeah my TIR1 served me well, it was still working when I took the offer for the TIR3Pro (it came at the right time for me).

One thing you will notice is that you no longer have to need the scanner about 12" away from you, 30-36" I have found best with the Vector added.

Good Luck and Enjoy.