Full Vector Expansion Demo Video is UP!

warrenEBB

Full Vector Expansion Demo Video is UP!

Post by warrenEBB »

The full Vector Expansion demo video is now available!

Head over to our videos page:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/video.html

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this video, here in this thread.
BM357_TinMan

Re: Full Vector Expansion Demo Video is UP!

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Ok, now I need the TV you used

Honestly, I would have loved just to see more (in quanity of time and cohesiveness) d/f footage from pilot POV.

The CFS scenes like much of the trailer/demo, was too sparatic and cut to give a real good feal for the power of 6DOF.

This is not complaining, only offering my sincere apraisal of the video. Actually, for the most part, I like the video, I just want to see more demo of leaning around struts and stuff like that in a fluid, continual situation....if you get what I am saying.
Jim

Post by Jim »

We hear you and will make a new videos soon.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

FRAPS doe snot like capturing FS2004 clips. That is why it is hard to get footage from there in the pilots perspective. I am not sure if FS2004 blocks it or FRAPS just doesnt support it.... unsure.
gcooper

Post by gcooper »

will there be that kind of fluid motion with nr2003..at least from side to side?...by the way done ordered the VecEx
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

cool! feedbacK!

BM357_TinMan : i too am anxious for more footage of real 6dof usage in dogfights.

charlie: good thing we don't use fraps. (i'd have guessed that the problem was that all the worthwhile games are processor hogs, and fraps uses a lot of processor. we gave up on fraps back when we were first making GTR videos for german race events) (or are you saying fraps won't even try to work in msfs2004? like it's actively blocked? weird.)

gcooper : i believe we'll have more (good) nr2003 news in the near future. keep checking back.

[ December 07, 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Warren Blyth -webdev- ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

When I use fraps to capture a vid from FS2004, all I get is a black screen and it says FS9 or something in some fancy writing. So it is my guess it is blocked purposfully.

Of course a quick websearch on capturing DX vids from FS2004 would give me the answer... just been lazy today.

Do you go with a DVR plugged into the computer as a second monitor?
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

no sir.
we used to try using my panasonic dvx100p to record second monitor out, but the mini DV compression was noticable (/unbearable? ho ho ho).

we've all sworn a blood oath not to divulge our insidious secrets of video game capture, so i dare not say anymore.
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

wow, that CFS3 part is very nice.

I have CFS3 but haven't played it much since it doesn't have TrackIr support.
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

Awesome video!!

Loved it - especially the shot of being in the Bf109 (somewhere in the middle) - I've never played CFS3 - diehard IL2 guy and i'm crying inside that Oleg said it would be too hard to do.

Really great exciting fantastical product!! I guess I'll be loading up MSFS 2004 a lot more now!

Oh, and the "Revolution is only the beginning" text disappearing off screen and coming back was genius - very nicely done!

And I just installed my TrackIR Pro3 today - upgrade from TrackIR2 - huge difference - Veeeerrryyyyyy smooth - can't wait to see Vector Expansion kit.

I upgraded from TrackIR1 to TrackIR2 to TrackIR3Pro - very satisfied customer!