Will it give trackir to Red Baron?

Slice

Re: Will it give trackir to Red Baron?

Post by Slice »

There is more than one cockpit mode in RB3D.

Virtual cockpit mode in RB, where you can look around using the joystick button held down so maybe this could be used (and this is a 3d cockpit object not a flat panel).

Also check out www.swwisa.net forums where the guys hang out who made the main mods for RB, like Hell's Angels, Full Canvas Jacket and Western Front Patch.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Just a bump Wayne, to see if there is any news?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Okay Guys....

Just to let you know I have not forgotten about you.
This is not an easy one to give you, due to the architecture and age of the game, but I do have someone evaluating this for me.

I am still trying to get a copy of this game to take a look myself. Can anyone confirm that you can use the mouse to look around the cockpit?

Hang in there!
von Baur

Post by von Baur »

Negative, Wayne. Manual slewing is only possible by holding down on the 'Enter' key and then controlled by the joystick. That's why I said in my earlier post that I didn't think it could be done without the source code. And, as I also pointed out, Vivendi (who now owns Sierra/Dynamix and all their properties) has been unwilling to release it to anyone including some who have approached it on a business level. There has been NO manufacturer's support for Red Baron for four or five years or more. Further, I doubt anyone who was involved in its development still works for Vivendi, as many of them apparently were among the now defunct 'Knights Over Europe' team.

I wish it were not so, because I still like RB very much and Track IR (particularly with Vector) is just the cat's pajamas (old person saying alert) as far as sims are concerned, but I don't see it happening. I hope you can prove me wrong. As Dirty Harry said, "Go ahead...make my day."

[ March 31, 2005, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: von Baur ]
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Wayne:
Okay Guys....

Just to let you know I have not forgotten about you.
This is not an easy one to give you, due to the architecture and age of the game, but I do have someone evaluating this for me.

IHi Wayne , Any progress or hope of progress?
TIA
Eilif

Post by Eilif »

Bump!