Problem in FS2004

ericd

Re: Problem in FS2004

Post by ericd »

Just curious, could you list any add-ons that you have installed with FS2004?

Thanks,
e
Bruce Upperton

Post by Bruce Upperton »

Hi E

I have not installed any add on's apart from aircraft that I have purchased and scenery.

I have installed IFR Scenery for Great Britain and the terrain scenery for Great Britain. I also have Airport 2002. But I have not been using these aricraft in this area when I have been using the TrackIR... just the deafault loaded.

Some other things to mention perhaps.....

I do ge a message when I start up FS4 that tells me I am starting it with a program that may not be compatible with FS4. But it still works with some of the aircraft anyway... don't think this would be a problem.

I do have a copy of FS2002 on my computer... when I load version 4 of the software... it tells me it must be put in the modules folder of 2002.... I have put the file in the modules folder of FS2004 though.. as this seems the thing to do.

Bruce
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by Bully:
have put the two registration files in the Modules folder of FS2004.
Bully, are you referring to the License.Dat and License.Sig files from the Vector Activation?

If so, those files go under the License folder where the TrackIR 4 software is installed to. If not, which files are you referring to?
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

I get the same in FS 2004. Disconnect and reconnect TrackIR usually fix it. Some strange bug. I don�t get it all the time though.
Bruce Upperton

Problem in FS2004

Post by Bruce Upperton »

I have just today upgraded my TrackIR 3-Pro. I have downloaded TrackIR version 4.0 software and have put the two registration files in the Modules folder of FS2004.

My TrackIR 3-Pro has worked perfectly before the upgrade.

The problem is that MOST of the Aircraft I have tried now suffer from MAJOR flickering/judder/flashing.... don't know what to call it! Looks like the picture is jumping up and down very fast is the best I can describe it.......when one attempts to use the TrackIR.

The fault does not appear on all aircraft and some of the default aircraft that come supplied with FS4 do work OK... mainly tail draggers and Historic aircraft.... the defualt Cessna etc does not work..... neither do any of my Payware aircraft except a VC 10 that I recently purchased.......

So... the thing works perfect in a few aircraft...not in others.

The fault is only when one is using TrackIR... in Virtual Cockpit mode.
Everything is absolutely normal in all other modes with all aircraft.

The fault goes away when one covers one or more of the three reflectors fixed to the cap one wears.

My system is...
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+
2.00 Ghz, 1.00GB Ram
Video Card is NVIDEA GeForce 6800 Ultra Bus AGP 8X 256 MB
DirectX 9.0

Microsoft Windows XP
Home addition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Hope a solutio presents itself... cause when it works this the vector expansion is awesome..

Bruce Upperton
Bruce Upperton

Post by Bruce Upperton »

Many thank Oqvist....
dissconecting and plugging in again seems to have done the trick.

Only problem now is that I can't seem to centre the thing.... I have tried changing the hot key.. but that was no good.

when I puch the hot key... it changes to the 2D cockpit whilst I am holding the key down.. and then returns me to where I was before...

Sure will get this right soon.. drooling at the thought of flying using this bit of kit.

Oh! by the by.... I meant the program .dll file was in the Modules folder of FS2004... not the registration files. Was a long day!!!!

Many thanks for your input
Bruce
steku

Post by steku »

AFAIK in version 4.0 there is nothing to be put in modules folder!

As for switching to 2D try to use different hot key for centering or enable trap option in TrackIR software (this option prevents a hot key to be passed to simulator - hot key press is trapped inside TrackIR software).
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Most keyboard keys are already assigned in FS 2004 you have to find one that isn�t
Bruce Upperton

Post by Bruce Upperton »

Back to the same old problem... pictures all over the place and jumping about like a cat on hot tiles.... Tried to disconect and reconect many times... not working.

If I switch off the Vector expansion it works as of old... so that's better than nothing... after an hour of trying to get the vector working again.... I think I will forget it for today and try again tommorow.

It will be interesting to see if others have the same problem.
Bruce
gsgalaxy

Post by gsgalaxy »

Well, i've got a Logitech keyboard with alot of extra keys to use.
Plus each of my F-keys got a second mode, which can be programmed with a certain order.

A keyboard like that can help, to have more keys available - and with secondary F-key mode i can use the default trackIR keys - F8 , F9 , F12 ...

[ December 17, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: galaxy ]