Replacement clips?

Sulky

Replacement clips?

Post by Sulky »

Guys,
I'd like to know if NP will supply/sell me a replacement clip.
I purchased the 3pro, hat and Vector from edimensional. The package arrived with everything but the clip. Vector serial number and hash code were included.
So far their response has been to tell me what it looks like. So far I havent got a straight answer to will they ship a replacement and feel its a simple enough question , that shouldnt require a protracted exchange of emails.
Unlike the 3Pro, the Vector's value is dependant on NP's active participation in the sale. So I would like to ask NP's attitude, should edimensional prove intractable.
Thanks,
Sulk'
Jim

Re: Replacement clips?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are shipping the Vector clip inside the plastic clamshell, the hat is on the outside in a cardboard box.

We will start to offer replacement clips for sale in the near future and we will also offer them to customers who have had shipping issues with various resellers starting now. I would ship you one today, but the dang shipping is so expensive to AU. Not sure what to do about that. Make sure our support@naturalpoint.com guys are aware of the problem, we will make it right one way or another.
stephenju

Post by stephenju »

I just received the vector expansion as part of TIR3Pro order directly from Natural Point. One of the 3 reflectors has broken off inside the TIR3Pro package.

I really do not like the way they are packaged together. The shipping package is also really lousy. No foam or any padding. I even called NP when I first opened the shipping package and couldn't find the vector expansion clip.

I wrote an email reight after I find the broken repflector. Wonder how long before I get the replacement.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Stephen Chu,

If your clip is damaged please contact me. I apologize for the damage to the clip.
Sulky

Post by Sulky »

Jim,
Thank you, your response is re-assuring. I'll email support as you suggested.
re the Australian shipping costs, I find the costs you encounter a bit puzzling.
#edimensional (without the cardboard box inside) charge half the amount for Fedex that NP quotes.
# I regularly ship electronic components between Australia and both New York and California. A 6inche x 6inche x 6inche cardboard box sent air-mail costs us US$5.50. Whether containing a set of TM Cougar metal gimbals and 6 potentiometers, or, foam padding and 2 Hall sensors the postage is constant at 5.50 for both NY and Cali. So weight doesnt seem to matter much.
6 days is the norm for these air-mail packages.

As it was my choice to recomend the 3pro and Vector as a xmas gift and edimensional arent responding beyond telling me to look in the hat, I'm quite prepared to cover air-mail costs to send a clip. I just want to resolve the problem as quickly as possable. Preferably before it taints the actual gift giving on xmas day.
Thanks,
Sulk'
Jim

Post by Jim »

Okay, we only ship via UPS World Express, so the cost is huge. We called E-D and they are supposed to be fixing this for you right now.
Sulky

Post by Sulky »

Jim,
Thanks for your and Wayne's help with this.
edimensional have emailed me to say a clip should be here in two days. So, after a slightly shakey start, edimensional seem to have come up trumps. Your efforts on my behalf are an excellant example of product support.
I had absolutely no hope that the clip would be here before xmas. It now seems it will be and thats wonderfull.
I hope you and everyone else at NP get time for a breather now and have a great xmas.
Sulk'
stephenju

Post by stephenju »

After emailing Wayne, I got the replacement clip FedEx to me today. That's great service.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work.

Now if I can get used to this new toy in PF...
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thank you for the kind words guys.
Have a wonderful Christmas.