any alternative to the track hat?

mopheta

any alternative to the track hat?

Post by mopheta »

Hello. I hate to put the track hat every time I play simulators.
I have a nice combed hair normally perfectly, and the cap causes to a problem putting to me whenever I flight. The fixing lacquer causes that it loses volume.

Well, the cause was joke, but sometimes he is annoying to put the cap. And I want to know if there are any other solution to use vector expansion.

We must use 3 dots, but don�t know if this is important the distance between them. Would be a good solution to put two dots in the right and left phones of my headphones, and the third dot in my nose?. Can I do anything to assemble the dots to my edimensional glasses?. Could I put two dots in the glasses and the third on my chin?.

Must be the distance between dots exactly the same as in the vector?. Must be two dots more near to the trackir than the third?, or can be one the nearest and the other two at more distance?. If I use 4 or more dots I improve the track accuracy?.

Why we lived?. From where we come?. To where we go?.
Barred

Re: any alternative to the track hat?

Post by Barred »

Mopheta, I do not know about the positioning of the dots for the vector, I would imagine there would be limits.

If it gets too hot here for a cap I have one of those shade things that are a Base Ball Cap peak on a piece of elastic that works just as well.

Adding 4 dots would actually detract from the accuratcy. I and many others found that either blocking off the refelctor in the TrackHat or even using a differentcap altogether works best.

The thing I find annoying is when I go out and forget to take the cap off
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

One of the many mods I tried was to remove the Vector Clip, I then added 3 reflector dots directly to to hat... 2 on the brim and 1 on on the hat about 3/4 the way up. Although the spacing was about the same as on the Vector clip and the screen showed the three dots it did not work at all; seems that the dots must be curved.
Jim

Post by Jim »

The Vector clip is quite precise and the dots are meant to be in that exact position for the system to track properly.

May I suggest that you use a headset and put the clip on top of it? Like a weather vane? That would work if you already wear one.

We are working on coming up with more creative ideas for clips, your input is welcome.
Peccator

Post by Peccator »

Use a visor instead of a hat if you're worried about your hair.
Capt.Sky

Post by Capt.Sky »

i put my vector on top of headset and working ok for now, is there any quality loss for removing 4th reflective point on hat?

on tracking program now i got three green dots without red one from hat!!

regards