Limited panning on one side

RAF_Pagan

Limited panning on one side

Post by RAF_Pagan »

Somewhat intermittently, but more often than not, the panning to the left is limited to 90 degrees or so. In other words, in flight sims, I can look over my right shoulder, but can only look as far as my left wing, no matter how far I turn my head. This behaviour is consistent with what I am seeing in the little head movement viewer built into the software.

Am I missing a calibration setting somewhere? The movement is reliable and smooth in all other directions.

[ January 26, 2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: RAF_Pagan ]
Barred

Re: Limited panning on one side

Post by Barred »

Pagan I had tht trouble but the limit was to the right.

I reinstalled the TIR and took the vector off the TrackHat and now use a Maiden cap. That reduced the amount of time it happened, but did not totally remove the problem.

I have found that the sensore needs to be about 2" above the Vectto and the sensors work best at a right angle to the sensor and that the sensor is positioned so the the Vecto is shown in the centre of the Track View.

If that does not work let me know and I will try a few others thing that might help.
johnb60

Post by johnb60 »

I had exactly the same problem.
All I did was move the camera slightly to to side that locking, and problem solved.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Yes, I found the same problem when I replaced the trackIR 1 unit I had by putting the trackIR 3 Pro in exactly the same position.
It did not seem to have the same tolerance in terms of physical positioning.
This is a bit of a bummer for me in that I use a Projector and I could use the TrackIR set off to one side a little .
Now I have a real "obstruction " directly in front of me and I have to "look through" the camera.
Has anyone found a setting ( I find them complicated to interpret BTW ) which allows an offset ?
Anyone doing it?
TIA
Barred

Post by Barred »

I think you will find that the FOV for TIR3 and 3Pro is narrower than with previous versions.
This would allow smoother tracking at higher data rates which considering the extra data of 6DOF would make sence.
I could see that removing the user FOV settings has solved a lot of "my 6DOF is not working, I have set my FOV to the highest but still it is a no go". It is a shame that when something like this is done for the very best of intentions it will not benifit a small number of users.

Cas have you tried setting it (the sensor) slightly off centre and angling the sensor so that it now scans your prefered area and then recentering?
Also the TIR3 series has a longer detection range than previous scanners upto 36inches as aposed to 14-18". Let me know how you got on please as I really cant see the software widening the FOV.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Barred - thanks a lot for your reply and interest.
I've now got to the "Don't breathe " stage
I've managed to lower the camera so that is is almost below the screen. I have bent the top reflector of the vector unit forward so that it points down( more at the camera )
My last effort at editing the CFS3 profile has got me so i can cover all the views, and so far it seems stable.
The last thing i need to do is speed up thechange of view. At the moment the view pans somewhat too slow for combat. What parameter do I change this ( and just this ) with.
Is it the Smoothing value? I am on 63 at the moment..
Thanks