Notice! TrackIR and new Via drivers.

letterboy1

Notice! TrackIR and new Via drivers.

Post by letterboy1 »

I've just installed the new Via 4in1 drivers version "VIAHyperion4in1445v." I've noticed improvements in IL-2 and no problems other than this:
It seems that there's a problem with my TrackIR now. Not just in-game, but when I first start it up as well. When I pan my head around, the mouse cursor sometimes gets stuck and then tries to catch up. I'm not moving my head fast at all, just the same as before . . . same in-game. This hasn't occured before the new via drivers.

Can anybody here confirm this?

BTW, my mobo uses the Via KT133a chipset.

I'll post this same message on a few other TrackIR forums here to make sure it gets attention soon.
Jim

Re: Notice! TrackIR and new Via drivers.

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Over the past year or so we have had several problems with VIA chipsets and USB, basically they can't handle a USB device with any sort of data rate. Most users that have this problem also have a SBLive card and that contributes to it. A seperate USB card will fix the issue, but if you were doing fine before, then I am not sure what to suggest. Can you go back to the old 4in1 and see if it fixes it? Look at the Data Window and see if the dot image lags there as well. Hopefully someone else can post about this on their machine with VIA chipset.
letterboy1

Re: Notice! TrackIR and new Via drivers.

Post by letterboy1 »

Just a follow-up to my little problem. It went away after I installed the new 130GX software. Maybe I did something differently this time or perhaps the new software is the actual cure . . . I don't know, but it works now. No problems in IL-2 and Strike Fighters.