Win XP 64 bit drivers?

Alexi_Alx_Anova

Win XP 64 bit drivers?

Post by Alexi_Alx_Anova »

With Windows XP 64 bit having gone gold yesterday, will NP be developing a native 64-bit version of the TrackIR software? If so, can you give an approximate release date (i.e., couple of weeks, months, last Q, Q1 2006, etc.?)
oqvist

Re: Win XP 64 bit drivers?

Post by oqvist »

Yeah think naturalpoint should fire on all cylinders getting the 64 bit drivers out. There is plenty of people on A64 that have waited very long for this op system to come out
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by oqvist:
Yeah think naturalpoint should fire on all cylinders getting the 64 bit drivers out. There is plenty of people on A64 that have waited very long for this op system to come out I posted on this topic in anothe forum here a few weeks ago, and the reply I got was there was no work at this time being done to develop 64 bit drivers.

All I need is 64 bit drivers/software for my TIR3 Pro and TM Cougar to be able to fully enjoy my flight sims in XP Pro64... But, to date, neither one has done anything on it that I can tell.

I can program my Cougar with a " Use Hardware" statement in order to be able to use it in XP Pro64 with my downloaded file, but the TIR3 Pro, I cannot get to work at all.

Very dissappointing to me.... I plan on getting the Vector Expansion for my TIR3 Pro, but am holding off till I see if they are going to offer drivers for XP Pro64.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by oqvist:
Yeah think naturalpoint should fire on all cylinders getting the 64 bit drivers out. There is plenty of people on A64 that have waited very long for this op system to come out Would sure be nice to hear at least someone is working on developing 64 bit drivers for the TIR3 Pro.. it is available now, and oem systems are starting to ship with it.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Guys,

We are looking into the issue and will be doing some testing to determine the status of the drivers.
marcocom

Post by marcocom »

thank you for that update, Wayne.

I also eagerly await these drivers for my x64 OS. but luckily kept my 32bit OS on alternative boot so i can wait for a stable release.

you guys rock. love the new mouse-emulation system - way to give the customers what they request in a stable and well tested implimentation like that. it should make those of us less experienced realize that good software is worth waiting for.

wow this post sounds totally gay. but i guess i wanted to show my support.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Wayne:
Guys,

We are looking into the issue and will be doing some testing to determine the status of the drivers.Hi Wayne,

Any updates on this? Can you give us any idea of a time frame yet?

Thanks,
Steven190

Post by Steven190 »

I have the same problem.

No Tracker with XP 64

This is bad

I now really on this extensively.

Would hate to package it and send it back the NP

[ June 30, 2005, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Steven190 ]
marcocom

Post by marcocom »

ya just to chime in, TrackIR is actually the ONLY hardware i run that doesnt at least have a beta 64bit driver. and i have a full rig of peripherals.

and so it makes x64 almost an impossible option for simming right now since many of us only buy sims that support our trackIR. oh the humanity of it all.

A beta driver would really help us out when really your dev team should have been a bit closer to the curve of this release. i mean even Saitek has beta drivers out and theyre like in germany and update their drivers almost never.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are working on 64-bit drivers. Please reference my other post:

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 000203;p=2