Home Made Vector Clips: Ideas?

mopheta

Re: Home Made Vector Clips: Ideas?

Post by mopheta »

I forgot to say... you would select "Tracking settings\camera rotation = 180�", but the hardware located in the top of the monitor like now. With this, and that "axes inverted" option like I said, you woud can track perfectly with the rear dot in the down position.
pepper

Post by pepper »

Yes it would, dindt think about that.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The spacing of the 3 dots is important to the Vector math, but there is room to have them move around a bit.

What would you all think of an "active" clip, one with IR LEDs instead of the reflective tape? It would be powered by a watch style battery, maybe it would last for 48 hours of use, then have to be replaced. It would make the 3 dots much smaller and would be more precise.

I am thinking of a new clip design that would work on a hat or on a headset. How many of you wear a headset when flying? Maybe a better question is who doesn't wear a headset?
TBS_Billy885

Post by TBS_Billy885 »

I also use a headset with all games and also wear glasses while using the computer, so any clip for these would be fine by me.

Also Jim, if we use a headset "active" clip why could we not have the leds powered by an external power source and just run the wire up the headset cable or at least have it for an option. I also like the smaller and more precise statement you made.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Headset would be great, but too much expensive and gives low resolution (I�ve read, I�ve not seen one working).

But I use normal glasses always I use my computer. It would be good any clip desing idea compatible with normal glasses, or anything more confortable than the hat.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Excuse my bad english, I understood "virtual headset" in the last post (I saw Star Wars yesterday ).

I�ve a plantronic A90 headset, and would be a good idea to make a clip to use with it.
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

I have mine attached to the band on my headset, works great as I don't like wearing hats either. The LED idea sounds good
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Okay, so an Active LED clip that can be mounted on a hat or headset, but it would have a battery that would only last about 100 hours and you would have to remember to turn it off! Thoughts?
Barred

Post by Barred »

Jim, how about taking a split off the USB power supply to the TIR and run the LED's from that?

It would have the benefit of turning off when the TIR turns off. I would make the power lead as fine as possible so that it does not interfere with the users movement.

Just a thought.
TBS_Billy885

Post by TBS_Billy885 »

Jim Im game to try it out. My thoughts are, weight and size as we have no idea what they might be.

I believe just as simple as 3 leds hooked to a power source with an off and on switch.