Problems with YAW tracking in vector mode.

dimitar

Problems with YAW tracking in vector mode.

Post by dimitar »

I've followed all of the instructions that I so on the ofrum so far and still no luck in making the TrackIR work in a Vector tracking mode. In a dot tracking mode it works fine.

Drivers: tried with both: 4.0 Build 22 and 4.1 Build 25 -- same result...

Distance to device -- 39 inches. ~98 cm.

MSFS 2004 installed the latest upgrade
9.1 X.X.X. (something).

The problem:

Looking at the gauges, the most apparent problem is with the yaw movement in vector mode. Again, in dot mode the lines move smoothly as I move my had left and right. In vector mode, the lines typically move smooth on one side and at the start of the reversed movement the red line skips all the way to the max (in the previous direction). Sometimes they move smoothly and then again some totally random movement starts occuriing. After i re-center (F12), a couple of more moves and the same cacophony repeats itself. So far the problem is most prevalent in the yaw movement.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Dimitar
TBS_Billy885

Re: Problems with YAW tracking in vector mode.

Post by TBS_Billy885 »

I went to the "Aggressive" profile on the "Yaw" axis and that helped me as it requires less head movement. I am still using the "Smooth" profile for "Pitch". Works good as long as I keep my head centered on the tracking receiver.

Other then that dont know what to tell you as I do not have MSFS2004.
dimitar

Re: Problems with YAW tracking in vector mode.

Post by dimitar »

Got it working. I had the TrackIR suspended, but didn't adjust it in the settings. Once I clicked on the 180 radio button it started working without the crazy skips. The rest of the sensitivity adjustments are routine.

D.