F29 crashes ever since I starting using VE

RCAF6GSpud

F29 crashes ever since I starting using VE

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but ever since I started using VE (I got it yesterday), I've been unable to finish a flight, because the computer crashes (it switches itself off) after a few seconds or minutes into the flight. Any ideas as to what I should do next?
Cheers,
Mike
Combathanger

Re: F29 crashes ever since I starting using VE

Post by Combathanger »

Ummmm...whats F-29

A computer turning itself off, or rebooting is typically an indication of a heat issue. Check all your fans (including any on your bios). Try running with the case open and a housfan blowing in....if that solves it...its a heat issue.

Another possibility is a power supply problem, its less likely, but possible, and symptoms can of course be driver related (aint puters wonderful), but 95% of the time your symptom is a heat thingy.

[ June 12, 2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Combathanger ]
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

Sorry, I meant FS9(FS2004/FSACOF)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it, but I have a feeling it won't make a difference. I've got the air-conditioning on in the room, so it's quite cool. Also, I've tried running the sim with and without TrackIR, and the PC crashes only when using TIR. I'll try changing thnigs in the TIR configuration, see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, I'll see about changing the power supply.

Thanks again!
Mike
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

Thanks Combathangar. You were right, it was a heat problem. I installed a programmed from MSI (they make my K8T Neo motherboard) called CoreCenter that monitors temperatures, voltages and fan speeds. In "cool 'n' quiet" mode, it also raises and lowers the fan speeds and currents to keep the temperature stable. I now have that programme running all the time, and it has solved the problem!!
Cheers,

Mike