Not online... can't activate?

Hologram3

Not online... can't activate?

Post by Hologram3 »

I was just given a TrackIR3 Pro with vector expansion for my birthday, but apparently I can't activate it because my PC is not online.

I downloaded the latest 4.1.027 software (using my Mac, which IS online), installed it, entered my serial number and hash code, and get the message that an error occurred while contacting the license server, so it's cancelling activation. I have no plans to take my gaming PC online, so what do I do? Is there a way to do this offline, or do I have to return it?

This was purchased a month ago (maybe a little more?) but I just received it. If I have to return it because of this, I'd like some assurance that I won't have a problem. Nowhere, in any of the literature, does it say you have to be online.

Or, maybe I'm just being pessimistic, maybe there's a simple fix. It's very frustrating now, all plugged in but not working. I sure would appreciate any help!!! Thanks!
rodom

Re: Not online... can't activate?

Post by rodom »

Yup. That's the way to go. Register it on another PC, we will email you the registration files, put in the license folder of the offline pc and your set!
Hologram3

Re: Not online... can't activate?

Post by Hologram3 »

Never mind, I found the "last resort" activation page on the website. I'm trying it now.