NASCAR SimRacing support full 6DOF!

warrenEBB

NASCAR SimRacing support full 6DOF!

Post by warrenEBB »

Ahoy all,
NASCAR SimRacing ships today,
so i guess we have to go ahead and let you all in on the secret that it is fully TrackIR Enhanced in full 6DOF!

-you will need to download the v.4.0.022 software to use TrackIR in SimRacing

-the demo that they released a while back will work in 2DOF mode, but the developers have assured us that the final game supports full 6DOF. As soon as we have our copy we'll crank out some videos!

sorry we couldn't say more sooner, but... now you know. And now we hope you will spread the word!

more info here...

[ February 15, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
warrenEBB

Re: NASCAR SimRacing support full 6DOF!

Post by warrenEBB »

We have tested this game with the Vector Enhancement and it is indeed a totally sweet 6DOF implementation!
mmed

Post by mmed »

First time I enjoyed driving in circles
It works great with 6dof.
marcocom

Post by marcocom »

I work for an advertising agency that handles Electronic Arts. (Saatchi&Saatchi LA) next month, im bringing my gaming rig (very hi end with latest drivers. dont worry) along with the current consoles for a marketing meeting with them. (their marketing people dont even hardly play consoles)

I plan to show them how far we PC gamers take their game and i plan for TrackIR to be a key showcased wow-factor for them.

I also plan on playing it all day on the company-dime. heh. sweet.

Im actually installing it for the first time right now as i write this. Im really hoping it shines remotely as well as Papyrus' work did, which is doubtful. but hopefully 6DOF will help replace that. my only worry is that since EA only work in DirectX it wont zoom as gracefully and graphically-precise as OpenGL.

I will try and post again with my feedback.

goddamnit i love my trackIR
Barred

Post by Barred »

Marco, if you can get it as another demonstration try SimBin's GTR as the International version is out in just over a week. If it is not out over there in a couple of weeks let me know and we can work some thing out

As for the NASCAR SimRacing I would love to give it a whirl but EA.UK are not releasing it here as there is not a big enough interest. I am really interested in how the Vector works in it as like you I love my TIR and I would love to see it really take off for the guys at NP.
marcocom

Post by marcocom »

Well i have to tell you guys, im impressed. The game is built really well. very frighteningly like Papyrus's version.

the 6DOF is superb! much much better than the MSFlightSims. much more controlled and smooth and restricted within bounds . much more mature implimentation.

Hey i plan to buy GTR of course! RichardBurnsRally was available at gogamer.com - they seem to have alot of international titles. most likely i can find it there. do you have information on what vendors will be retailing that title?

Ive checked out the demo (with only 2DOF support) and it was awesome. took me a while to finish that first track. very challenging. very good game.

We are actually dealing with EA's product placement marketing. We handle Toyota's national branding and toyota.com at my office so we get the neat personalized demos with our own car in them (like the Prius)

im happy to pay for the softwarev
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Marco,

Drop me a line. jason@naturalpoint.com

Jason
Marketing Director
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Glad to hear you are all enjoying your TrackIRs so much, especially in racing, that is the new frontier for us.

I wanted to let you know that you can actually adjust the view limits in NASCAR Sim in the setup file. I think they did a wonderful job on the implementation.

I want to get your feedback on the 6DOF GTR implementation. They use a strange head model that plugs our support into the head model after they factor in neck movement. Problem is that with 6DOF you already have realistic neck movement because we send the exact movement you are really making to the game. This makes me not like the implementaiton and I think it needs to be fixed. Your feedback is welcome.