Strange problem...at times.

TailFlamer

Strange problem...at times.

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi all.

I have a slight problem that happens randomly.

After I exit a sim (either Il-2 or FS2002), when I shut down TrackIR the signal to my monitor will also shut down. The monitor will turn itself off and when I turn it back on, I get the little 'No Input Signal' thing (like if I turn it on when the computer is off. This only happens about 50% of the time. It has happened with both sims, so I know it is not related to just 1 game.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I hate to have to use the 'restart button' on my computer, but when this happens nothing else will work. I tried hitting 'Ctrl, Alt, Delete over and over again, but that will not restart it when this happens.
dazed

Re: Strange problem...at times.

Post by dazed »

This problem rings a bell!....if your using Saitek drivers and have to reset when monitor shuts down.

Im not sure, my memory is a bit of a blur. I think i had a similar problem a few months ago with monitor standby and when using Saitek`s official drivers and TrackIR, but i can`t remember what version of Saitek`s drivers i was using. If your using the same official Saitek drivers as i was using (im using Dhauzimmer's drivers now) it was to do with the Saitek mouse drivers for the mouse on the x45 throttle. I disabled the Saitek mouse driver in device manager and all was well again. It`s proly the reason i started using Dhauzimmer's drivers.

hope it helps!
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Thanks a lot, I was getting the feeling it had something to do with the joystick or usb. I will try a few things.

I am not using Saitek software. I have never installed any software for the joystick of any kind. The sims I fly don't need many commands for flight, so the 30+ buttons I have in DX8 are fine. Now when LOMAC comes out, I will need software because of radar coms. I use 'game voice' for voice coms.

I might try unpluging the X-45 before I shut down TIR.

Also, right now I am using TIR through a 'hub'. I think I will use the extension cord that came with it an go straight into a usb port.

Thanks again.

Edit;
I always forget to turn off my system specs 'signiture'...

[ December 21, 2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: TailFlamer ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I run the X45 with Saiteks official drivers under Windows XP. I havent seen any issues regarding my monitor shutting off. I am not sure what would make this different, but my guess would be in the configuration of your USB bus.

Did moving TIR to the mobo's USB port work?

I would try that first. Like I said, mine has always worked perfect with my X45, Saitek drivers and software, and everything plugged in at once.