Defining "Center" Position

dickwu

Re: Defining "Center" Position

Post by dickwu »

Thanks Barred!

So any words from NP ? Is it feasible and possible to implement?
Barred

Post by Barred »

Dick NP scan all the forums so hopefully they might pick it up.
You could post in the Feature Request / Development forum any ideas for improvements.

I like you am just a user. A long time user granted but just a user that lives on this board
dickwu

Post by dickwu »

Barred, actually I'm a bit suprised up to now I still can't see any words from NP.
Barred

Post by Barred »

They are closed for Thanksgiving and will be back officially on Monday. From what I can gather the whole of the US closes down of possible.

At present the centering works the same with the TIR4 as on earlier TIR's (mine ordered from NP arrived today ).

I have tagged this thread so if NP do answere antwhere else on the forums I will send you the linh.
Alex
dickwu

Post by dickwu »

Barred, I'm done with waiting. During the last 2 weeks, I've tried to accommodate TIR, tweaked the respond curve and tried other people's profiles and STILL, I think TIR is not my cup of tea. I'm going to sell it to someone who find it more useful, or return it by the end of my refund period if I can't sell. Thanks very much for your replies and hope you'll enjoy your TIR 4. See you soon in the future.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Dick, I am sorry to hear that your time with TIR has not met up with your expectations.

I wish you well and I also hope to meet you again in the future.

:S!
Alex
Birch

Post by Birch »

Hello, just adding a short post here to indicate that we have made note of this feature request and we appreciate your feedback.
von Baur

Post by von Baur »

What you're trying to do, Dick, isn't something that TIR has any control over. "Center view" is defined by the game(s). All that TIR's centering function does is set that to a given head position. The only way to affect it with TIR is, as has been said, to offset your head position the desired amount, hit F12 and then move your head to it's normal position. You should be able to reposition your dead zone to accomodate the changed "neutal" position, but I don't know for sure, since I keep my movement constant with no dead or slow zones.

If you aren't happy with TIR's performance, so be it and by all means resell or return it. But please bear in mind that it's because you're looking for something that it probably can't be programmed to do (change something that is in the game's programming).
dickwu

Post by dickwu »

Why not?

quote:"Center view" is defined by the game(s). All that TIR's centering function does is set that to a given head position.I think you confused here. Center view is not defined by the game, but TIR. When you press F12, it's the TIR software receives the command and reset your view, not the game. What the game controls, is only the 3D *coordinate* inside the virtual world.

quote:But please bear in mind that it's because you're looking for something that it probably can't be programmed to do (change something that is in the game's programming). As a result, you don't need to change the programming of the game, as they are not related. The TIR software *can* do what I want, here is what I think.

When you hit F12, the two virtual head in the TIR software will reset to "center", the "natural" position. i.e. both of them are watching forward, the left hand side is your head in real world, the right hand side is what your head will look like in the game. Now can there be a offset bottom for the right hand side for each axis, which you can make further correction to this "center" position (i.e. defining what "center" means). For example when I open the Y axis, I click the "down" offset bottom, the head on the right hand will look a bit downward...... Well, does anybody know what I am talking about .

You don't need to modify the code of the game, but TIR itself can (imo) do it
von Baur

Post by von Baur »

You're still misunderstanding the F12 function. It resets your viewpoint to what is programmed in the game as the standard forward view. That is to say that hitting F12 while using TIR is tantamount to hitting F1 (in most games) while not using TIR. So, you see, the F12 "view" is, in fact, determined by the game.