Base configuration...

Sgt.Baker

Base configuration...

Post by Sgt.Baker »

Hi All, I've just opened my new TrackIR v4, after reading the manual of course, and need to mount this to an LCD screen. In the Users Guide it shows how the base can be twisted and configured to 'grasp' the LCD screen itself, but I cannot twist the legs on my little v4 unit!

I fear I'm going to damage the product, but I need to place it on my monitor!

Please let me know if duct-tape or WD40 is the key (god's gift's to man)!

Thanks,

- Tom
Barred

Re: Base configuration...

Post by Barred »

I found the base a little stiff at first, but with carful handing went into position OK.

Now I am glad that it was a little stiff as I have not had any problems with the base at all.
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

When I got my TrackIR 4, I also found that the base was stiff and difficult to move, and like you was nervous at trying too hard to move it, after all it looks so fragile. Of course I didn't want to break the little thing. I eventually just gently but firmly tried to adjust it, and all turned out great.

Hope that helps.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

One of the problems can be that users think the front and rear legs move seperatly, they do not, they move together. You must "rotate" the head unit around the whole leg assembly, then it should move without too much effort. There are detents to help keep the unit at 90 degree increments, so that can provide some friction. If you are really having to push hard, then it probably isn't supposed to turn that way. We are going to provide more instructions on how to manipulate the base. Good luck!
Sgt.Baker

Post by Sgt.Baker »

Thanks all for the RE:'s.

It was a little stiff, but once I realized that the legs do NOT spin independantly, I was able to get everything working. Jim, I guess you've heard the problem before?

All is well here for now, and thank's again,

- Tom