fails me at the wrong times

Raven

fails me at the wrong times

Post by Raven »

I opened up my new track Ir4 and put away my track ir3.
I eagerly hooked it up set my profiles up and with beating heart started to my fave flight sim.
I was very happy to see the 30% more view...
all was working very well Then I got bounced I had two on my six and when they got about 400m from me the whole thing failed the view jumped and then locked up I could not look up far enough it was a total equipment fail. then I got blown up.

I reflew all was working well.
I engaged again and the same thing.

when I get someone on my six and they are 400 or less away it freaks out what gives??
anybody had this problem?
rodom

Re: fails me at the wrong times

Post by rodom »

What game? Also what shows in your tracking window? Are you sure your not moving out of view of your reflectors?
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi Raven, out of interest did you uninstall the software (even if you were using the latest of the website) before plugging in the TIR4 camera?

I went from TIR3 to 4 like yourself and uinstalled the software after removing my TIR3Pro camera. I then turned off the PC for a minute and restarted from scratch with the software from the NP website. Since going from 3 to 4 I was blown away again by the difference. It is great to see NP continuing to develope TIR instead of resting on their laurels.

Please let me know how it goes after a fresh install as your original post was not clear weter you had or not.

Good luck
Raven

Post by Raven »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
What game? Also what shows in your tracking window? Are you sure your not moving out of view of your reflectors?Hi its aces high.
Im positive they stay green.
~S~ Rave
Raven

Post by Raven »

quote:Originally posted by Barred:
Hi Raven, out of interest did you uninstall the software (even if you were using the latest of the website) before plugging in the TIR4 camera?

I went from TIR3 to 4 like yourself and uinstalled the software after removing my TIR3Pro camera. I then turned off the PC for a minute and restarted from scratch with the software from the NP website. Since going from 3 to 4 I was blown away again by the difference. It is great to see NP continuing to develope TIR instead of resting on their laurels.

Please let me know how it goes after a fresh install as your original post was not clear weter you had or not.

Good luckyes I uninstalled 3 then installed new softwear and then pluged in the usb .

its very odd and it only happens when they get close.
so if im in a tight spot im screwed due to equip failure.
Toady

Post by Toady »

quote: Are you sure your not moving out of view of your reflectors? View should default back to center? Not lock; shouldnt it?
rodom

Post by rodom »

quote:Originally posted by Toady:
quote: Are you sure your not moving out of view of your reflectors? View should default back to center? Not lock; shouldnt it?It wont matter if he is moving out of line of sight to the TrackIR. If one reflector is out of view the tracking will begin to be erratic and out of control in most cases.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Raven how close are you to the camera? I have found that between 20-30" the best compromise between comfort and performance.

I really can't see how the range of another player could/should interfere with the TIR's performance. This is a strange one.
Toady

Post by Toady »

DOH!
Barred

Post by Barred »

Just as long as it is working for him now

Enjoy